"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-09-2011, 02:42 AM   #121
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
Two different artists recorded this one, but it was actually written by a third.

I've passed a lot of exit signs, in my time while driving down the long freeway, to San Diego, and points south.
Jimmy Webb- From memory so?

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #122
Executive Chef

But there was that time last summer, when I drove down from Manhattan, and though I knew I shouldn't, it was just too hard...

Jimmy Webb wrote it, but never recorded it. Two others recorded it, one a very popular 60s recording artist, the other his back-up group, who also became very popular in the late 60s, when they went out on their own. In fact, they recorded several of the first artist's songs on their first album. Yes, it was way back when they made albums, not cassettes or CDs.

Oh, BTW, searching the web isn't fair, and you still haven't come up with the title!

Old 07-09-2011, 12:47 PM   #123
Master Chef

Quote:
But there was that time last summer, when I drove down from Manhattan, and though I knew I shouldn't, it was just too hard...

Jimmy Webb wrote it, but never recorded it. Two others recorded it, one a very popular 60s recording artist, the other his back-up group, who also became very popular in the late 60s, when they went out on their own. In fact, they recorded several of the first artist's songs on their first album. Yes, it was way back when they made albums, not cassettes or CDs.

Oh, BTW, searching the web isn't fair, and you still haven't come up with the title!
Haven't a clue, my hubby gave me that one. Will teach me not to ask him again!!!! Where do you look it up? Wait, rather don't tell me. I'll get too lazy to think

Old 07-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #124
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Haven't a clue, my hubby gave me that one. Will teach me not to ask him again!!!! Where do you look it up? Wait, rather don't tell me. I'll get too lazy to think
Unfortunately this song's lyrics are not available on line at any of the lyrics or ringtone download sites I've tried. Fortunately, I have the original album sitting right here!

...I made my move at Rosecrans Boulevard So, there's the title. You still need to figure out the artist(s)

I'll give you another hint. The orignal artist and his former backup group also recorded Tunesmith and Carpet Man, and both of those are searchable and can be found at several of the lyrics and ringtone download sites when you give up.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #125
Master Chef

A couple of weeks ago I had so much fun. One of my old ladies was humming a song, and her companion (we're talking 79 and 81 here) asked me when I arrived if she would hum it for me. And did I know? I still don't know the same of the song, but what they really wanted to know was if I knew the musical the song was from. After a few bars, I got "Brigadoon". They were so happy.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:04 PM   #126
Master Chef

Quote:
Unfortunately this song's lyrics are not available on line at any of the lyrics or ringtone download sites I've tried. Fortunately, I have the original album sitting right here!

...I made my move at Rosecrans Boulevard So, there's the title. You still need to figure out the artist(s)

I'll give you another hint. The orignal artist and his former backup group also recorded Tunesmith and Carpet Man, and both of those are searchable and can be found at several of the lyrics and ringtone download sites when you give up.
Gosh, you really had to make me Google it? Must be my punishment for asking someone for 1 song title :p and it was just my hubby!

Atlantic Bridge, there am I forgiven now for "Using my phone a friend lifeline?" lol!

Old 07-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #127
Executive Chef

BUZZZZZZ! Time's up. The artist was Johnny Rivers, and his backup group that went out on their own and recorded the same songs were The 5th Dimension!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #128
Master Chef

Quote:
BUZZZZZZ! Time's up. The artist was Johnny Rivers, and his backup group that went out on their own and recorded the same songs were The 5th Dimension!
As I said, I don't look things up since I suck at it..lol!
Guess I'll be getting detension now since I got it wrong

Old 07-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #129
Master Chef

New one..

Guess I just lost my husband, I don't know where he went...
So I'm gonna drink my money...
I'm not gonna pay his rent....