What's that song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not too shabby!:)

She tells him she thinks she needs to be free
He tells her he doesn't understand
She takes his hand
She tells him nothing's working out the way they planned

We really ARE related - or at the very least were exposed to the same range of music!

Warren Zevon - Hasten Down the Wind

Here's Canadian music at its best!

Straw hats and old dirty hankies,
moppin' a face like a shoe
Thanks for the meal,
here's a song that is real,
from a kid from the city to you

Okay, here's a good one!

Those schoolgirl days,
of telling tales and biting nails are gone,
But in my mind,
I know they will still live on and on,
But how do you thank someone,
who has taken you from crayons to perfume?

The last line gave it away. To Sir With Love - Lulu

Here's Canadian music at its best!

Straw hats and old dirty hankies,
moppin' a face like a shoe
Thanks for the meal,
here's a song that is real,
from a kid from the city to you

I have no idea what that song is. I went through my Guess Who, Stepenwolf, Gordon Lightfoot and Anne Murray repitoire, then checked out Alanis Morrisette. Tried a different track and perused Shania Twain and Terri Clark. I even looked into Celine Dion, but...nuthin!

So here's some Canadian music for you:

She said maybe I miss your lovin’. Maybe I miss your kiss, just a little bit. Maybe I miss your body lyin’ right next to mine. Maybe I miss your touch, just a little too much.

I have no idea what that song is. I went through my Guess Who, Stepenwolf, Gordon Lightfoot and Anne Murray repitoire, then checked out Alanis Morrisette. Tried a different track and perused Shania Twain and Terri Clark. I even looked into Celine Dion, but...nuthin!

She said maybe I miss your lovin’. Maybe I miss your kiss, just a little bit. Maybe I miss your body lyin’ right next to mine. Maybe I miss your touch, just a little too much.

Cross Canadian Ragweed- Maybe I miss your body

YouTube - ‪Murray McLauchlan - The Farmer's Song‬‏
The intro tells it all. This is a Canadian Classic and while Murray McLauchlin may not be an international hit, we are pretty proud of him!

As for your song, sorry, Sir, I am not familiar with that one. I looked it up and it is "Alabama" by Cross Canadian Ragweed and found out they have no connection to Canada at all! ;)

My absolute favourite song..

Oh I need your help this time..
Get me through this lonely night..
Tell me please which way to turn..
To find myself again...

Another...

Midnight, one more night without sleepin'...
Watching, till the morning comes peepin'....
______ ____, what's that secret your keepin'....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom