What's the Best Mop to Buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need to buy a mop to mop our kitchen, diningroom, & utilityroom floors with. I use a broom or the dry Pledge Grab-It or, the vacuum to clean up the dry dust. I need a mop for the wet-mopping. Have tried the Cedar brand sponge mops twice. The first mop I had had to be thrown out about 3 months ago 'cause it got rusted and I couldn't find the right sponge mop for it since they changed the hook-up thing on the mop head. So I bought the new Cedar sponge mop which has the mop head that slides on. That stupid thing was a joke!:mad: The mop head kept sliding off of the mop. I never did take it back to the store but I did use it a few more times though 'cause I didn't know what else to buy. I finally threw the stupid thing into the garbage can over the weekend. I've tried the Swifter Wet-Jet mop at last year or so but that also was a joke to mess with. I ended up giving it to a former co-worker. Our kitchen & diningroom linoleum is off-white and it's easy to see the all the marks on them. What kind of mop do you all like for wet-mopping your floors? Also, what do you use on your linoleum floors to where they don't feel sticky after you've mopped them? I've tried a few different things but haven't been happy with everything I've tried. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Darlene

Darlene, I usually do the hands & knees gig, as doggie hair gets in all the nooks & crannies, but then use the Libman Wonder mop. It looks like cut up handi-wipes and goes in the washer.
I use top job and pine-sol cleaner and never get tacky floors.

Home > Products : Mops > Wonder Mop
02000_TITLE.gif
detail_OFF.gif
02000_HERO.jpg

Non-woven, premium synthetic material. Absorbent and machine washable. Steel handle with hanger hole. Special wringer sleeve. Your hands never touch water!®

If you are using swiffer, that is the expensive part ;)
It's no more expensive than buying other floor products. That bottle lasts a long long time. The great thing about the Swiffer is it's always ready to use. No mop and bucket, no running hot water, just grab, press a button, clean. I love it.

:) My favorite is the one that is rectangle and you slip on a microfiber cloth onto it. I usually just use water and white vinegar. I have found one floor cleaner just recently, it's made in Mexico and really cheap it works great on my floors it's called Fabuloso

I use a regular old mop with the folding squeeze action and Mop & Glo. The DW bought a fancy version of a folding sponge mop before and it broke the first time, so I only buy the cheap metal linkage ones. lmao I had a Swiffer wet thingy and bought a pack of the towels but they went dry on me. It is a pain keeping up after the mutt though.

Darlene, I usually do the hands & knees gig, as doggie hair gets in all the nooks & crannies, but then use the Libman Wonder mop. It looks like cut up handi-wipes and goes in the washer.
I use top job and pine-sol cleaner and never get tacky floors.

Home > Products : Mops > Wonder Mop
02000_TITLE.gif
detail_OFF.gif
02000_HERO.jpg

Non-woven, premium synthetic material. Absorbent and machine washable. Steel handle with hanger hole. Special wringer sleeve. Your hands never touch water!®

I've tried the hands & knees too but my knees got sore and so did my back. LOL I also got a headache from it. Our kitchen floor is small enough to do it this way though but I'd rather stand up and mop it instead. LOL I understand about the dog hairs. Got 2 Papillons & a Border Pap (Border Collie/Papillon). They don't shed too bad unless they're scratching themselves due to dry skin or fleas. Our dogs have 3 places where they eat since we've gotta split everybody up to keep them from eating each other's. LOL Our boys eat in the kitchen & diningroom while our little girl eats on our livingroom carpet. The boys are the messiest, especially our oldest. LOL Our dogs eat a lot of canned, an occasional people food, & their dry food. The canned & people food end up getting stuck to the floor. I don't clean up around their plates each time...about once a week. So, there's junk stuck to the floor. I mostly do that on my hands & knees. I use the cheap brand of the Magic Eraser to clean up those areas along with a rag and water/whatever mixture. Our boys also pee in our kitchen & utilityroom whenever we're not home 'cause everybody are blocked off in the utilityroom & sometimes the kitchen whenever we're gone. I share a house with my older sister who is NOT too happy about them peeing in both areas. LOL I'm in the doghouse with the boys too. LOL

For those who suggested the Wet-Jet, we've tried it and don't like it which is why we gave ours away. Our mom uses a rag mop which I don't want to mess with. Used a big one at my former cafe job when I worked in the kitchen. Might be something I may end up buying but with some sort of a thing to squish the water out of it instead of using my hands. Ho-Hum...

Darlene

Back
Top Bottom