What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last night hubby & I THOROUGHLY enjoyed attending the "Live Feed" from Nashville Rifftrax event of the film "Plan 9 From Outer Space", commentated by those crazy guys from "Mystery Science Theatre 3000". It was FABULOUS. Not one single person in the theatre wasn't laughing until they cried. It was held at the Regal Theatre in Fairfax, VA, & we can't wait until they do another one.

War of the Worlds with Tom Cruise. I am NOT a fan of his and I heard that
this movie sucked. It came on the tube while I was unable to change the
channel right away. (I was planning on watching a House MD marathon).
But I actually got hooked into the movie before I was able to change it.
Surprisingly, it was pretty okay. Not my type of movie usually but it
wasn't bad. Tom Cruise was only minorly annoying because he wasn't
really overacting like he usually does. Dakota Fanning was a brat but
still, overall, not a bad flick.

last night i watched "Plenty" stared meryl streep. she is one of my faves. this was a strange movie. i did not like the woman she played. i never did feel that i cared about anyone in the film. lots of english accent. some was in french. gloomy sets. i would not recommend this one, even if you love meryl streep.

Last night went to the free Library of Congress theatre to see "The Last Picture Show". While I love getting to see older classic films on the big screen, this film comes across even more depressing in that venue.

Bangkok Dangerous (1999)

The original version, not that 2008 remake which I did not see.

This move is rated R for GUN violence. The DVD I rented was 100% in Thai with English subtitles, only DVD extra was one trailer that was in English.

Not that bad, but not great either.

A movie about a tortured kid who winds up becoming a hitman for hire. Falls in love, but it is too late.

I rate this movie 3.5 out of five stars.

Friday night. "Ferry Cross The Mersey". "Gerry & The Pacemakers".

Courtesy of Culpeper, VA, being the location of the Library of Congress Audio/Video Preservation vault, we get to enjoy - FREE - tons & tons of classic films on the big screen that the rest of you can only dream about.

Don't dream about this one. Beyond being just a supposed "rip-off" of the Beatle's "A Hard Day's Night", this is just horrible. Even hubby, who's a die-hard audio/video-phile couldn't wait for the credits to roll.

Apparently there are (thankfully) just a few prints of this film out there, & one is housed in Australia (Melbourne, I think), & they're going to show it there this coming weekend. All I can say is that someone should warn the Australians, because I can't think of anything they did that would deserve them being inundated with this piece of garbage. We got to view it for free; I hope the Australians don't have to pay for the privilege.

i got the devine miss m. on netflix. it is a movie taken from HBO show of same name. i am so a big fan of bette midler that i really enjoyed it. told story of her life and career with snap-its of her singing , and acting . not enough for me. wanted it all. bright funny and very entertaining.

I finally subscribed to Netflix the other day and have been watching some instant play movies on the tv through my laptop. Picture quality is so so and the connection via my wireless router is pretty good.
I've already watched a few independent and foreign films through the streaming video. Pretty decent deal for the price.
I watched The Ramen Girl last night.

Just saw National Treasure 2: Secrets of the Book. It actually wasn't too bad, now I'm going to have to go find National Treasure 1 to watch that one.

Back
Top Bottom