"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #1051
Assistant Cook

The latest movie I watched was Prince Caspian of the Chronicles of Narnia. It was great! Next I hope to watch Speed Racer because I loved the cartoon version as a kid (am I dating my age?) and I thought he was soooooooooooooooooooo cute.

Old 05-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #1052
Executive Chef

We just watched Varsity Blues, it was good. I'm surprised I hadn't seen it before now, Jon Voight plays such a good ba*tard! Great soundtrack too.

Varsity Blues (1999)

Old 05-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #1053
Master Chef

Last movie we watched was one of DW's Netflix picks, called 'Red'. It is a French film I believe with English subtitles and is part of a trilogy of 'morals' films (Blue, White and Red).
In this one, a guy is still in love with his estranged wife, and while calling her one day trying to reconcile she plays nasty and 'lets' him hear her with her new guy (you get the drift). For revenge, he lures her to Paris under pretenses that he has died and left her his entire estate. She finds him alive in a motel, has one last 'night' with him and discovers she is still in love with him and decides she wants to get back together, then he 'disappears' and while she is going to collect the money the police arrest her for his murder. Turns out he framed her for it.
The movie ends with him visiting her prison and watching her in her cell from the courtyard, twisted movie to say the least.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:21 AM   #1054
Executive Chef

Last night we watched The Forbidden Kingdom with Jet Li and Jackie Chan. It was an easy watch, the fights were good but it could have been better.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #1055
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribs and steak View Post
I dont know about anyone else out there but all of the Marvel comics movies never follow the true origin(s) when the movie(s) were made This is the reason why I dont go to these movies, I wasnt impressed by the last transformers movie although I liked the animated one that was produced under a different movie company
I heard that iron man was very close to true.... haven't seen it yet and i'm not sure i want to try the new hulk movie after the last disaster....
Old 05-31-2008, 06:28 AM   #1056
Executive Chef

Last night was Fools Gold with hottie Matthew McConaughey and super sexy Kate Hudson. It was a fun no-brainer and gave me some giggles!
Old 05-31-2008, 09:21 AM   #1057
Executive Chef

Ironman

I, for one, promote anyone who wants to go see IRONMAN. I had not been to theatre more than 10-15 years, this impressed me. Almost as much as the first Star Wars! And that was my favorite. Everyone I know tells me it was a 'blockbuster'. I didn't want to leave my seat afraid I would miss something. No rewind button. I would like to see again.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:25 AM   #1058
Senior Cook

Send a message via AIM to meshoo96
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen View Post
I, for one, promote anyone who wants to go see IRONMAN. I had not been to theatre more than 10-15 years, this impressed me. Almost as much as the first Star Wars! And that was my favorite. Everyone I know tells me it was a 'blockbuster'. I didn't want to leave my seat afraid I would miss something. No rewind button. I would like to see again.
my son saw it...it's gonna have wait for dvd for me though.....funds are tight at the moment and i can think of a better way to spend $50
Old 06-01-2008, 08:16 AM   #1059
Chief Eating Officer

There will be blood. I liked it.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:22 AM   #1060
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshoo96 View Post
my son saw it...it's gonna have wait for dvd for me though.....funds are tight at the moment and i can think of a better way to spend $50

where do you live that it costs $50 to go to a movie!!!