"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #1091
Head Chef

The Piano-again for the 100+ time. I love the music and the scenery. I've seen the beginning 100+ times, the ending about half as much, and I still love it. I always feel better when I watch it.

Old 06-06-2008, 07:59 PM   #1092
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I watched Alvin and the Chipmunks the other night. Great fun!! Especailly if you remember all the songs.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #1093
Head Chef

Watched "I am Legend" last night. Good movie; Will Smith was outstanding. It didn't conform really well to the Richard Matheson short story on which it was based, but the world has changed alot since that story was first written. Suspenseful and very realistic, but I was a little disappointed in the abrupt ending.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:09 AM   #1094
Master Chef

Watched Spiderman 3 last night. Was OK, some of the scenes were a little corny but funny, like when Peter was walking down the street strutting and doing his 'moves' for all to see. Corny, but the womens reactions as they ran the other way was pretty funny. And the Jazz Club scene was a bit over the top.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:13 AM   #1095
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I watched "The Good Witch" on Family Channel this evening (I recorded it last night). It was cute. Right now "we" are watching "Rambo." I am watching it as I check DC, enter sweepstakes, and check email. James is watching it through his eyelids. I'm not sure how he can hear it sometimes through the snoring!

Barbara
Old 06-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #1096
Assistant Cook

Just spent a lazy Sunday mornong watching The Condemned. It's got it's fair share of action, but has what us brits would call 'slushy American sentiment'. A bit like the alternative ending of I am Legend (**** good film). However I enjoyed it, although the storyline is a bit far fetched. Overall 7.5/10

I'm just downloading Blues Bros to my phone as i'm hitting the beach soon, not the best way to watch a movie - but I sorta know what happens anyway
Old 06-08-2008, 08:22 AM   #1097
Chief Eating Officer

We watched Untraceable last night. We both enjoyed it, but I liked it more than DW. It was very suspensful and the story was cool. DW was quite scared.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:02 AM   #1098
Master Chef

Spider-man 3..... I found it kind of a bore. Same stuff again except for Bad Spidey... but fairly predictable. I should have watched I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry. :)
Old 06-08-2008, 10:23 AM   #1099
Assistant Cook

"Virus"...the original 1980 movie with George Kennedy, Robert Vaughn, Bo Svenson, and Chuck Connors. Haven't seen it in ages, and finally found it online and downloaded it.
Cool movie!
Old 06-08-2008, 06:01 PM   #1100
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattie View Post
Spider-man 3..... I found it kind of a bore. Same stuff again except for Bad Spidey... but fairly predictable. I should have watched I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry. :)
Very funny movie, but with some serious parts mixed in. It all works out in the end though, a pretty good roll for Robin Williams I thought.