What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was my first Blu Ray movie Andy. It is a good one to watch!

If you are into nature type things, check out the Planet Earth series on Blu Ray. It is the most amazing thing I have ever seen on a screen. I put it on in the background a lot on mute just for the amazing images.

Thanks for the tip, GB. The nature programs are some of the most dramatic visuals on HDTV. I'll look for it.

Heh! I use Planet Earth as background, too...or Star Wars. Many times I put beloved movies on so I can watch or not as the mood takes me and since the TV is around a corner from the kitchen, makes it easier to keep track if I need to be in the kitchen.

We watched Sherlock Holmes at home last night. Boring. In fact, most of my family, including myself fell asleep during most of the screening.
Glad I did not waste my money to go this this pos at the theatre.

We watched Sherlock Holmes at home last night. Boring. In fact, most of my family, including myself fell asleep during most of the screening.
Glad I did not waste my money to go this this pos at the theatre.
you watched a boot leg copy?

No, this was not a bootleg copy but an Academy screener we borrowed from a friend just for the night.
We get to borrow Academy screeners around this time every year leading up to the awards ceremony. We've watched a lot of bad movies so far this season and just a few good ones.
i used to sell movies. i have a few screeners myself. i hate the time counters arrg!!

We saw Sherlock Holmes and liked it - anything but boring, maybe being in the theater made a difference - oh yea and it was a Matinee, I can fall asleep to anything at night :)

I don't buy DVD's very often because I'm a netflix user - probalby only buy what I consider classic movies & Disney for the grand kids. For example we own Godfather, LA Confidential, John Wayne westerns - you get the idea.

I'm a Netflix user also and I like it, mostly for the on-demand streaming videos. I mainly enjoy watching independent films.

As far as buying dvd's, my wife buys them, all of them bootleg, mainly because they are cheap, widely available with current releases, and they come to you selling these. Can't beat the cost and convenience factor.
I constantly remind my wife that bootleg dvd's hurt the industry and that's not a good thing. She can also go to jail for that. She buys them anyway.

"The Fisher King" and "Race To Witch Mountain." Fisher King is an old favorite and I finally got DH to watch it...turns out he loved it! Witch Mountain was cute.

I fall asleep during matinees, working nightshifts, I tend to be quite sleepy during matinee times:)

I just tried to watch Facing the Giants - biggest mistake ever, if i knew how religious it was going to be i wouldn't have started, got half way through and turned it off. Nothing against religion mind you.

Before that was The Great Debaters with Denzel Washington, that was pretty good. Some of the debates were really good and the horrors of being black in the 20/30's was made very clear.

Oh, LC, I have seen that one - it is very good.

I watched Julie & Julia for the third time since getting it for Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom