What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got G-Force in from Netflix this afternoon, and should get Ponyo tomorrow. Seems like I've been going through a lot of cartoons lately.

Doesn't Netflix only send you what you put on your list? Just sayin... ;)

Yep...but they ship as they reach the top of the queue, if they're in stock. Justice League shipped on release day as did Ponyo (which released today), 9 has been at the top of the queue and out of stock for about six weeks, and G-Force just reached the top of the queue. So, it's just a timing coincidence that all of the cartoons show up at once.

My queue right now is almost exhausted. Every now and again, I run out of titles I want to see and have to suspend the account for a few months for there to be enough new releases to watch.

The instant streaming was a great addition to Netflix. I just wish I had a faster broadband connection. Streamed content from Netflix looks like an old VHS tape on my television or computer. At my fiance's apartment, it's near DVD quality.

I have a Vudu box for streaming rentals. It's nice because you can store the movie completely on the hard drive and not have to worry about bandwidth (as long as you plan ahead). They also have HD content and almost everything is in 5.1 sound. The only drawback is that rentals are expensive. They got bought by Walmart this week, so maybe the prices will come down.

In preparation for the Oscars next week, I've been trying to watch the movies nominated for best picture (10!) In the last few days I've watched Avatar, Inglourious Basterds and (part of) District 9. Loved the first two, but just couldn't get into District 9. Way too bleak, and you just know it can't end well....

The Good Soldier

Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever watched. Well, maybe not the worst. In the opening scene the narrator says "This is the saddest story I've ever heard."

Inglourious Besterds - unexpectedly liked it
Avatar - thought it was hokey and it made me dizzy
Temple Granden - HBO movie about Autistc child born in 1947 - inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom