What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My husband wanted to go see Spiderman - It was ok.

I want to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean that comes out on Thursday!!!!!!

I will - I don't care how goofy those movies are - it's all about laughing - oh, and looking into those gorgeous eyes!!!!!!!! ;)

David brought over Pan's Labyrinth the other day.
It was pretty good. Quite gross in some spots though.
It's not a movie I'd let a child watch.

pdswife said:
David brought over Pan's Labyrinth the other day.
It was pretty good. Quite gross in some spots though.
It's not a movie I'd let a child watch.

aww, heck no!! going back and watching the trailers to 'pan's labyrinth' after you've seen the movie, you realize that the american distributors really had NO idea what to do with marketing this movie...sell it as a gritty war drama for adults? nope, sell it as a fairy tale for adults! well, that was the plan anyway, but lots of the trailers just get across that fairy tale idea, and when we went to see it, there were a few people there that had brought kids that were obviously too young to be seeing this. fortunately, the subtitles drove out most of the kiddos before the gore set in. and i liked it a lot, myself.

watched 'the sisterhood of the travelling pants' last night, expecting it to be a fluffy kiddo chick-power kind of thing. oh, no, guys, it was an unexpectedly good movie, a real coming-of-age tale, a lot closer to a teenager version of 'the joy luck club' than some silly lindsay lohan thingy. pull up some margaritas and bond with your chick friends of any age.

Romeo and Juliet - Bahz Laurman version with volume up R&J Franco Zeffirelli version, volume turned down (seen at the same time to compare the two for english).

The BL one is way better IMO! It is quicker paced and better colour and cinamitography which I love!

survivorgirl, i'm right there with you. LOVE luhrmann's version, which is one of the only ones to use peole anywhere near teenagers in the leads (cuz, really, come on, that kind of handwringing doesn't ring true if you're in, say, your 30s). the way he modernized the visuals while keeping the language intact is just amazing.

go check out the other two entries in his "red curtain trilogy": 'strictly ballroom' and 'moulin rouge'. all 3 of 'em are real love-em-or-hate-em type movies.

fireweaver said:
survivorgirl, i'm right there with you. LOVE luhrmann's version, which is one of the only ones to use peole anywhere near teenagers in the leads (cuz, really, come on, that kind of handwringing doesn't ring true if you're in, say, your 30s). the way he modernized the visuals while keeping the language intact is just amazing.

go check out the other two entries in his "red curtain trilogy": 'strictly ballroom' and 'moulin rouge'. all 3 of 'em are real love-em-or-hate-em type movies.
completely agreed!!

I'v seen Moulin rouge (my sis even owns that one along with R&J) but have never seen Stricktly ballroom.

it was the first of the 3, so before B.L. had made his name at all, and stars nobody you've ever heard of outside australia. this all makes it a little harder to find than the other two, but it's just as good, so keep on the lookout!

Wow! Buck and I watched "Ray" with Jamie Foxx. What a great film!

We were amazed at what a great impersonation Jamie Foxx created. He WAS Ray Charles.

I grew up with Ray and was aware of his tumultous life. He was quite wild. Still, he was such a talented man. We loved the film.

Last night we watched a movie called "Sleeping Dogs Lie". It was a low budget film but all in all it wasn't bad.

Back
Top Bottom