What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In a theater--Spidey 3. Thumbs down. On DVD--Apocalypto. Brilliant! Wish I'd seen it on the big screen.

We went to see Shreik 3 last night. It was alright but I don't think it was geared for the children....it had a lot of dry humor. Personally, I think they should of stopped at #2 and I should of waited for the rental DVD to come out.

Weatherman or Weather Man... anywho...odd movie.

You, Me, and Dupree.... it was kinda cute.

Ruffian last night on ABC. Good movie but so very heartbreaking in the end. How many of you remember this when it happened? I do.

Last one at the theater was Night At The Museum. Here at home I rented In Her Shoes and Sideways. I liked them both very much, especially In Her Shoes. I'm taking my girls to see the Nancy Drew movie in a few days, when it's here. Should be fun - we hope so anyway!

Well this time posters instead of a snackfood review I am going to review a documentary I rented this week.

I finally saw at my local Blockbusters the documentary Maxed Out. Been waiting on this documentary for months.

Rotten Tomatoes gives this documentary an 88% rating.

You get a 1 disk DVD with a few trailers of movies you probably never seen or heard of before, the documentary, scene selections, close captions and around 50 minutes of DVD extras.

The whole documentary was on credit card debt. The guy behind the documentary wanted a happy story, but did not find one at all.

I thought this was a very good but not great documentary.

I wanted more stats thrown out at me from like research reports and government data.

A good bunch of people did get looked at. Two mothers who lost their their college age student to too much debt. The students committed suicide, but credit card applications still come in their names.

One married couple where one family member has died with some debt, but the name on debt is the wife that is alive. She is still having trouble trying to get this fixed.

One person with a lot of debt goes missing. Never say the found her, but a car was found in the water.

One family with a house that gets foreclosed on without notice.

In the documentary they showcase this very old black and white video on how to use credit. Boy was it crappy, but they spend some time at a college where a credit card company is giving stuff away to get a credit card. The old video gets into the the three C's of credit, but I do not think the credit card companies at colleges care about this.

Dave Ramsey, Robin Leach, Elizabeth Warren, debt collection agency and a pawn shop owner get interviewed. A male comic talks about his debt problems.

I would say in the end you do not learn much more than you already know.

In the DVD extras you get the old video in full and some extra interviews.

I am going to give this documentary a medium sized thumbs up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom