What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just finished watching hot rocks on tv, a 1972 redford film. they must be showing his films because he had his 75th b-day the other day. this diamond caper flick reminded me of another classic film, an all-time favorite of mine, the thomas crown affair, with steve mcqueen and faye dunaway. it's worth a look just for the chess game scene itself--one steamy board game, as i recall....

vitauta said:
this diamond caper flick reminded me of another classic film, an all-time favorite of mine, the thomas crown affair, with steve mcqueen and faye dunaway. it's worth a look just for the chess game scene itself--one steamy board game, as i recall....

Memories. One of my college drama class professors claims she was in the opening elevator scene, screaming. Will have to watch it again.

Memories. One of my college drama class professors claims she was in the opening elevator scene, screaming. Will have to watch it again.

well, there you have it then. it was the acting triumvirate of your professor, flanked by mcqueen and dunaway, that spawned this award-winning classic movie, the thomas crown affair. and dawg, you were the catalyst, having chosen that specific drama class!!:cool::)

I watched Unstoppable with Denzel Washington on HBO last night. Lots of action. Tonight I plan on watching The American with George Clooney.

I just ordered "Death Takes A Holiday" made in 1934 with Fredric March ( Meet Joe Black is a remake of this film). I also ordered "A Christmas Carol" with Fredric March and Basil Rathbone made in 1954. I have seen Death Takes a Holiday many years ago and really like it, I am so glad I am able to order a DVD of it.

The name of the Netflix disc was "The Great Ecstasy of the Sculptor Steiner/How Much Wood Would a Woodchuck Chuck?" Three short 1970's documentaries filmed by Werner Herzog. First, Walter Steiner's ski-jumping win at a Polish contest, featuring some blissful slow-motion photography of his incredible jumps (he referred to it as ski-flying), as well as some dreadful wipe-outs. He carves wood as an avocation. Second, the World Championship Livestock Auctioneer contest in West Virginia, USA. The "Woodchuck" part was a contestant's explanation of how he learned to speak the rapid-fire style of an auctioneer. There were some lovely shots of the Amish who attended the auction. Not to be a spoiler, but the winner was an affable Canadian. Third was Herzog's journey to the island of Guadaloupe to find a man on the slope of La Grande Soufriere, a volcano in imminent danger of erupting. The town had been evacuated, but this man refused to go.

The eruption of Mt. Pelee on the island of French Martinique, a story within the 1976 film, decimated the town of St. Pierre in 1902, with loss of life estimated at 30,000. (Googled it this morning. Horrible.)

Prior to this title, I watched The Social Network. Eisenberg seemed to be perfect, but that movie just left a bad taste when it was over.

"A Single Man" with Colin Firth. Picked up at WalMart for $5.
I think he was nominated for this one when he was also nominated for "The King's Speech."
Liked the movie, but it wasn't as good as I was anticipating.

Correction on the Livestock Auction location -- it was Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Sorry. I know you'll all sleep better tonight now.

I thought The Tourist was a waste of everyone's time, but at least they got to go to Venice.

The 3 of us went to the movie theater last saurday afternoon & saw "The Help". It was an excellent movie. It made you go from lauging to crying through the whole movie. It was about the whole civil rights movement. I would highly recomend it to everyone.

The 3 of us went to the movie theater last saurday afternoon & saw "The Help". It was an excellent movie. It made you go from lauging to crying through the whole movie. It was about the whole civil rights movement. I would highly recomend it to everyone.

Liked that one too, but liked the book better. I really don't think Scooter would have worn her unruly hair that way in the Jackie Kennedy era, even tho she (Scooter) was a rebel of sorts. Did you know that the actress who played Hilly is Ron Howard's daughter?

"The Indian Runner". Written and directed by Sean Penn. 1991.
The story, set in 1960s Nebraska, involves two very different brothers: Joe a small town deputy sheriff, and Frank, a criminal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom