What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched both "The Tourist" and "The American" last night. Frankly, IMO, they both sucked deep ocean whale poop.

The American was half in English, half in other languages. I hate subtitles. If I wanted to read a movie, I'd get a book.

The plot for The American was weak, tired. The entire movie would have made a great 30 minute show at about 3am on a work day.

The Tourist? As with "The American", lots of great landscape and just enough acting to call it a movie.

What has happened to the great actors? Was the last generation the end of believable acting? The movies today seem so transparent.

Oh well. Those two were a waste of time. I would have had more fun mowing the grass.

On a 1 to 10 scale, with 10 being the best, both were ones.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Reminded me a lot of John Irving books, but is actually a take-off on an F. Scott Fitgerald short story.

I just watched Death Takes A Holiday made in 1934 with Fredric March. Death pays a visit to a family and is intent on entering the human world for three days. This is an oldie but goodie film.

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

NOTLD is a classic! Love it!

Last edited:
My husband and I just watched Soul surfer last night. Such a great uplifting movie.
We just saw that one lately too. Great movie.

It's not a "movie" but we are ennjoying the semi-finals & final of America's Got Talent. Any other fans out there?

last movie i watched was "Meet Joe Black" with Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt...

You can't go wrong with an Anthony Hopkins movie, (except for the one where he marched around on stage and made speeches while dressed in a Roman costume).

The movie "The Edge" was acted so believably that I only watch it once in a great while, because it scares the bejesus outta me!

When the bear is shaking that poor man around behind that log, I almost screamed. I found my own legs twitching and trying to run without me.

Holy nightmare bear, Batman!

The Night Of The Living Dead 1968

I must have watched this movie 5,099 times, lol. My brother gave me this movie along with a beta VCR when I was in my teens. I hadn't seen that movie since. Wonder what happened to that VCR.......:rolleyes:.

I've watched several movies of mention since the last time I posted here, but most recently was the short "Some Call It a Sling Blade". It's the short version of the long version :LOL:
It's on Netflix and I bumped into it today browsing for something to watch at work. It's worth a look if you liked "Sling Blade".

I've watched several movies of mention since the last time I posted here, but most recently was the short "Some Call It a Sling Blade". It's the short version of the long version :LOL:
It's on Netflix and I bumped into it today browsing for something to watch at work. It's worth a look if you liked "Sling Blade".

"Some Call It A Sling Blade" is the exact same movie but shorter?

Sling Blade was pretty good. That's another movie I've watched dozens of times.

It's the short that the movie was based on, nikki. Pretty much the beginning of Sling Blade. JT, Billy Bob and get this... Molly Ringwald as the interviewer.

I just watched The Woman Who Came Back -1945. Staring nobody I have ever heard of. Not bad way to kill a hour.

if i was facing certain death, i'd like to think i would have the strength to cut off my arm to save my life. i think there would come the time, the moment, when a choice between life and death would have to be made....easy choice, hard to implement....

Back
Top Bottom