What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I visited IMDB after watching the move, Vit. Something the book did better, of course, was conveying how the smashed hand/arm had turned to poison. After reading that it made the thought of doing it to myself (if I had to) more manageable.

I watched 1408 last night. It was ok. Didn't end the way I would have liked for it to end. Kind of predictable..... The next movie..Something Wicked This Way Comes...

Which one...Something Wicked, or 1408?

oops. 1408.

I saw it twice. ...my kind of film. I can relate, until he gets his arm pinned under.

Did you read the book? I'm going to get the book, but geez... every book I want to order for my Kindle is twice as expensive as the real thing. I thought E-books were supposed to save you money, but that's another thread ;)
I haven't actually priced out 127 hours yet.

Just got done watching Molly and Me. An old black and white film from 1945. It stars Gracie Fields, Monty Woolley and Roddy McDowall. I must have seen this film at least 4 times now. Gracie Fields does a lot of singing in this film (which I love).

Going through and making notes. . .I will have about 6 weeks home, so getting caught up on flicks is going to occupy a lot of that time, I hope.

How many people use a service, i.e. Netflix/Hulu?

Netflix seems to be going the way of the Dodo, but Blockbuster is picking up speed with it's Netflix like service. Any opinions? Anyone using the Blockbuster system?

Going through and making notes. . .I will have about 6 weeks home, so getting caught up on flicks is going to occupy a lot of that time, I hope.

How many people use a service, i.e. Netflix/Hulu?

Netflix seems to be going the way of the Dodo, but Blockbuster is picking up speed with it's Netflix like service. Any opinions? Anyone using the Blockbuster system?

I use the Netflix service for both streaming and mail order movies. I have no other TV service.

When my basic TV service had increased prices from $40, all the way to $85 for the same service, I dropped them. I'm just not paying $85 a month to watch what little TV I did, beyond movies.

Netflix really made me mad when they doubled their pricing by splitting their streaming and mail services. I've kept it at $20 a month, because I do watch a lot of movies, (about 2 per/day), and I like having both the more recent and the older movies.

$20 a month is reasonable still, so I'll stay with Netflix for now. I figured Blockbuster would try to ease out of it's store-front losses and into the netflix type clone they've started now. Smart business.

I use the Netflix service for both streaming and mail order movies. I have no other TV service.

When my basic TV service had increased prices from $40, all the way to $85 for the same service, I dropped them. I'm just not paying $85 a month to watch what little TV I did, beyond movies.

Netflix really made me mad when they doubled their pricing by splitting their streaming and mail services. I've kept it at $20 a month, because I do watch a lot of movies, (about 2 per/day), and I like having both the more recent and the older movies.

$20 a month is reasonable still, so I'll stay with Netflix for now. I figured Blockbuster would try to ease out of it's store-front losses and into the netflix type clone they've started now. Smart business.

I was upset too when Netflix raised their rates. I almost canceled....I said if they do it once more than I'm definetly canceling...depending on how much it is. They lost a lot of customers because of it.

I didn't realize blockbusters had a site...

I was upset too when Netflix raised their rates. I almost canceled....I said if they do it once more than I'm definitely canceling...depending on how much it is. They lost a lot of customers because of it.

I gave em a piece of my mind also, Nikki.

I grew up with only three channels of local TV. Part of my reason for loving movies so much comes from having gone to the movie theater only twice as of the age of 18. It was something that cost more than we could afford in my family.

It seems that the pay-for services have only one method of pricing:

1. Jack the price up until customers start canceling.

2. Then keep it at that price and squeeze them for every dime you can.

For right now I am just keeping the mail order movies. I too am going to wait and see what they are going to do next. I use to have the instant movies too but the screen kept going black during the movie and it said" please wait we are reloading".ERRR.

For right now I am just keeping the mail order movies. I too am going to wait and see what they are going to do next. I use to have the instant movies too but the screen kept going black during the movie and it said" please wait we are reloading".ERRR.

It does that on the best parts of the movie, lol. But I can't make myself let go of the streaming. My son watches them thru xbox and I don't think he has any problems with them blacking out.

I've watched a movie called Choice... It was on Netflix and it had a lot of twists i think you'll enjoy it...:O)

Hey Jay! Was it this one?

The Choice (1981)

"A young woman must make the choice between aborting her unplanned pregnancy or keeping the baby in this passionate drama of one individual's personal crisis."

I always wondered how Netflix made money with the high postal rates.....especially those accounts with high dvd turnovers. I thought my paying $8.99 unlimited 1 dvd out & unlimited streaming was an extremely good deal until they jacked up the rates.
I cancelled the dvd portion and now have streaming only. At $7.99 it's not an unreasonable deal.

Back
Top Bottom