What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
msmofet said:
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, Penny Serenade, To Catch A Thief, Charade, North By Northwest, People Will Talk, Walk Don't Run, Gunga Din OH MY SO MANY!!

I don't think I've ever seen a Cary Grant movie that I didn't like. He's my favorite of the classic cinema actors. So much class and charisma in his roles. I think my favorite though is either To Catch a Theif (for the more serious side) or Houseboat (for the lighter side). I loved Sofia Lorene in Houseboat too; she was so fun. And my goodness that woman was gorgeous!

JoAnn L. said:
I bought a copy of Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire~the Special Edition.
It has all new bonus features. They have an intimate retrospective of Bing and Fred featuring an interview with Freds daughter Ava Astaire MacKenzie. I saw film footage I have never seen before. What a joy.

That's one of my husband's favorite movies! Where did you find it? I'd love to get it for him.

purple.alien.giraffe said:
I don't think I've ever seen a Cary Grant movie that I didn't like. He's my favorite of the classic cinema actors. So much class and charisma in his roles. I think my favorite though is either To Catch a Theif (for the more serious side) or Houseboat (for the lighter side). I loved Sofia Lorene in Houseboat too; she was so fun. And my goodness that woman was gorgeous!

It's the 25th anniversary of CG's death today. He died of a massive aneurism after falling ill during a rehearsal while staying at the Blackhawk Hotel in Davenport, IA. I've always loved his acting.

That's one of my husband's favorite movies! Where did you find it? I'd love to get it for him.
I ordered that on DVD for my girl a few years. She loves classics as do I.

Heres a link to order from Amazon:

Amazon.com: Holiday Inn (Special Edition): Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire, Marjorie Reynolds, Virginia Dale, Walter Abel, Louise Beavers, Irving Bacon, Marek Windheim, James Bell, John Gallaudet, Shelby Bacon, Joan Arnold, Mark Sandrich, Ben Holmes, Bert

Holiday Inn (Special Edition) (2006)

Bing Crosby (Actor), Fred Astaire (Actor), Mark Sandrich (Director) | Rated: NR | Format: DVD

List Price:$14.98
Price:$6.49 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details Deal Price: You Save:$8.49 (57%) Special Offers Available

In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Want it delivered Thursday, December 1? Order it in the next 22 hours and 31 minutes, and choose One-Day Shipping at checkout.

Ordering for Christmas? To ensure delivery by December 24, choose FREE Super Saver Shipping at checkout. Read more about holiday shipping.

Last edited:

Cary Grant is why my car is named Archie...looks good in a Tux!

PrincessFiona60 said:
Cary Grant is why my car is named Archie...looks good in a Tux!

Thought cars wore bras... How'd you get a tux to fit your car, PF?

Steve Kroll said:
My wife and I went to see "Hugo" this weekend. It was actually a very sweet movie. Not at all what I was expecting. The 3D really makes it come to life.

I'm excited to see "Hugo" , have seen rave reviews.

PrincessFiona60 said:
His name is tattooed on his behind!:)

"The Car with the Archie Tattoo," isn't there a hit movie out about that now? Along with "The Car Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"?

Last edited:
My wife and I went to see "Hugo" this weekend. It was actually a very sweet movie. Not at all what I was expecting. The 3D really makes it come to life.

Glad to hear that, Steve. Glenn and I are going to see it this afternoon. I read the book when it came out and was totally captivated. What imagination!!!! Loved the images the author "painted" in my head. Looked at some movie trailers yesterday and was impressed with what I saw.

I usually wait for most movies to come out on DVD, but I thought this one merited being seen on the big screen and I don't think I'm going to be disappointed.

JoAnn L. said:
I bought a copy of Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire~the Special Edition.
It has all new bonus features. They have an intimate retrospective of Bing and Fred featuring an interview with Freds daughter Ava Astaire MacKenzie. I saw film footage I have never seen before. What a joy.

Love this movie, always a holiday favorite for me. I must order!

Back
Top Bottom