What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched "Super 8" this weekend..... This movie didn't do anything for me. It could have been made better. And the ending....CORNY!! I mean whhhyyyyy would...well anyway, don't want to give anything away for those who haven't seen it.

This movie goes into the "wont be watched again" catagory...

Some kind of Christmas movie. I just have the TV on for background sound. That channel just goes from one Xmas movie to the next. Saves me from getting up and changing the channel. :chef:

Follow the River - the saga of a woman captured by Shawnees in the mid-1700's, escaped, and found her way back hundreds of miles to Virginia by following the New River. Found a website this morning with the historical facts, which were a bit different from the movie. So-so movie, impressive true tale.

We watched Water for Elephants last night. It was really, really good. The only actor I recognized by name was Reese Witherspoon and Hal Holbrook, who both played a major characters. I'd read the book a little while ago and felt the movie would be worth seeing. Definitely. I fell in love with Rosie in the book and did again when I watched the movie.

Last edited:
I watched this weeks TNT Mystery Movie "Deck The Halls" (NOT to be mistaken for the movie with Danny D and Matthew B). I liked it.

Follow the River - the saga of a woman captured by Shawnees in the mid-1700's, escaped, and found her way back hundreds of miles to Virginia by following the New River. Found a website this morning with the historical facts, which were a bit different from the movie. So-so movie, impressive true tale.
The Book--Follow the River--is riveting, I couldn't put it down. My dad read it, he couldn't put it down either and he doesn't like reading. I lent my copy out and it never was returned. Definately A+++

The movie--Unthinkable--government torture, blood and body parts, psychological torture. This one is going in the 'never watch again list'.

The Descendents (at a movie theater bistro)

Excellent!
I won't spoil it for you, but must say, when Clooney kissed that woman--THAT was FUNNY and I burst out laughing immediately, the rest of the audience caught up with my laughter after about 7 seconds.
And when Sid was punched--it was so well deserved and funny.
The rest of it was tender, sad, sweet--quite a good film!

Tchaikovsky - a biopic, Russian with subtitles. Hard to follow, but nice for a flavor of the times -- fashions (lots of facial hair for men those days), sumptuous settings, social mores. I like to hear the Nutcracker this time of year, and this story was a plus, although apparently his was not a very happy life.

The Boston Ballet Company is presenting the Nutcracker in its classical form for for the last time this year. Next year they will be updating it to a more modern style. The last time they tried to do this, the audience got up and walked out. They didn't even get to finish out the run to the 31st. My sister and I went to see it that year and we walked out also. It was a disaster. Clowns jumping through hula hoops, tempo of music speeded up, etc. The Nutcracker was never designed for modern jazz dancing. :rolleyes:

i watched wall street last night. it sucked.

i kept waiting for a optimus prime to crash the stock exchange, and michael douglas to sleep with a crazy woman.

but i turned it off when susan sarandon absolutely destroyed her role with her terrible lawn guyland accent. it was like she just came from a dentist and was suffering the effects of novacane.

Back
Top Bottom