What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Barb, if you can find the original, Ringu, it is SO much better than the one that hit the market here.

Hope you are well!!
I just found the Ringu Anthology, with all 4 movies, at ebay. I put it on watch, and when we have the money I will buy it if it is still available (a couple people had it). Thanks!

i watched "hero" again today.

i normally think the flying people doing kung fu is stupid, but i really like this movie. visually stunning, great soundtrack of chinese music.

vitauta said:
not a turn-on for me either! seriously, what is it that women see in george clooney? i really would like to know. also, tom cruise....

I dunno, Vit and PF, he's pretty fine. Never have seen what's so special about Tom Cruise....

Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, Clint Eastwood, all very nice.

Last edited:
I dunno, Vit and PF, he's pretty fine. Never have seen what's so special about Tom Cruise....

Sean Connery, Harrison Ford, Clint Eastwood, all very nice.
Sean Connery lost all appeal for me when he said (and I heard it from his mouth, not from a reporter) that you have to slap your woman around now and then. :mad:

Barbara L said:
Sean Connery lost all appeal for me when he said (and I heard it from his mouth, not from a reporter) that you have to slap your woman around now and then. :mad:

OK, he is now off my list. :mad:

February: The Last 2 Films We Saw

The last 2 films that we have seen are:

1) At the Cinema:

Iron Lady - Meryl Streep: she handled such an intense role wonderfully though the theme is quite emotionally heavy...

2) At the Cinema:

Chico and Rita - Fernando Trueba Directed: this is a true story about a vocalist and a pianist caught in the Cuban Revolution 1959- 1960. The film is handled in 3 Dimensional Animation. The music is incredible, the storyline, fanstastic and the handling of the film, is absolutely marvelous. It is as if the 2 characters come alive and they are not in a cartoon. This is a highly rewarding artwork. I believe it has a good chance for the Best Foreign Film at the Oscar Awards.

Do try to catch it in English or with English Sub titles. It shall enchant.

Margi Cintrano.

Not a movie, but we did rewatch the entire Game of Thrones series... I can not wait for season 2. Winter is coming, too bad it isn't here yet. :mrgreen:

frank, season 1 of game of thrones was really good. i can't believe they killed of lord stark in the first season.

do you know when season 2 starts?

frank, season 1 of game of thrones was really good. i can't believe they killed of lord stark in the first season.

Season one was great. I have heard of the author that you should not get too attached to any of his main characters ad he has a habit of killing them off. I read the first half of the first book, but did not have time to finish it so I put it away until I have more time. The HBO version so far has been excellent and very true to the book (moreso than any other movie of a book I have seen).

Winter winds arrive in April I believe. I don't think Lord Stark could have survived in any reasonable way.

Season one was great. I have heard of the author that you should not get too attached to any of his main characters ad he has a habit of killing them off. I read the first half of the first book, but did not have time to finish it so I put it away until I have more time. The HBO version so far has been excellent and very true to the book (moreso than any other movie of a book I have seen).

No.. getting too attached is bad, he does not pull punches with the characters.

The series is supposed to run one season per book, though they will not split the characters for books 4 & 5. Those two books run concurrently with half the characters each.

There are small things that are different, but the main points have followed along well.

All in all I think it may be the best series I have seen on TV.

Is anyone into documentaries? I know I seem to post vague stuff, but if you want to see something , umm, enlightening:

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia

on a polar oppisite note, and an AWESOME flick:

Between the Folds.

and last but not least,

God went Surfing With The Devil

Amazing flick!

Another doc fan here. Thanks for the titles to order up (these were from Netflix, yes?)

Just watched one called Into Great Silence, which visits the Grand Chartreuse monastery and gives one a taste of their nearly-silent lives. Beautiful to see; would be awfully hard to live. Plus, I like all of Werner Herzog's docs, especially the one on "The Ecstasy of Ski-flying" - a ski jumper.

But the last movie I watched -- not a doc -- was District 9. Crikey. At least, I hope it wasn't a doc.

Last night we watched As Good As it Gets. I had seen parts of it before but never sat through the whole movie.

"The Displaced Person, " a dramatization of Flannery O'Conner's short story about a Polish refugee family coming to live on a small farm in the deep south after WWII. A very young Samuel L. Jackson was a hired hand. A thought-provoking story.

Back
Top Bottom