What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am on a retro kick lately. I just finished watching "Run Silent, Run Deep" with Burt Lancaster and Clark Gable. And now I am going to watch "Witness For The Prosecution" with Elsa Lanchester and Charles Laughton. Both of them are in B&W and I have seen them both more than once. :)

We seem to be having remake Saturday here.

We just watched Fright Night, now we are on Conan the Barbarian and have Straw Dogs for later.

We watched The Bridesmaids last night. 3 stars for the movie, 10 (out of 5) stars for Melissa McCarthy!!! She WAS the movie, stole every scene she was in and played way off type - hope she gets the Oscar.

We watched The Bridesmaids last night. 3 stars for the movie, 10 (out of 5) stars for Melissa McCarthy!!! She WAS the movie, stole every scene she was in and played way off type - hope she gets the Oscar.

"Oh this is some classy...<belch>...I-I want to apologize, I'm not even confident on which end that came out of."

a note: don't rush out just to see star wars in 3d. the 3d wasn't all that great. it reminded me of when 3d was in it's infancy, nothing came off the screen, but there was a lot of deepth to the backgrounds.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. DH kept saying it was a lot like the original. Upon further questioning, he was referring to "Romancing the Stone". I am making flashcards of Michael Douglas and Harrison Ford.

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - I highly recommend it.

i don't think i could go see that. it would hit too close to home in a few ways having lost friends that left behind families on 9/11. maybe when it comes out on cable. that way i can take it in bits and pieces.

i don't think i could go see that. it would hit too close to home in a few ways having lost friends that left behind families on 9/11. maybe when it comes out on cable. that way i can take it in bits and pieces.
It's a beautiful story, but - you're right - hard-hitting emotionally.
It's gotten mixed reviews - some critics absolutely hate it. I think it depends on whether you can embrace the character of Oskar - or not. To me, he was believable and an extremely sympathetic character. I was prepared to love this movie, because I loved the book, and thought the movie was a faithful and good interpretation of it. Plus... Tom Hanks.

We're still laughing. Glenn and I just finished watching Grumpy Old Men. Those two guys are a perfect comedy pairing. What a great film! Plus, the out-takes at the end had us on the floor. As if we weren't already there.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Burgess Meredith had us screaming with laughter.

Went to see "Safe House" this weekend. I thought it was pretty good. Alot of action.
I have liked every movie Denzel has been in so I wasnt worried. He was very Denzelish, as can be expected. I also thought Ryan Reynolds did a nice job with his character

Breaking Dawn.......Not as good as the first two but the story continues.
Expendables.......Better than expected and kinda fun.
Real Steel............Better than expected and entertaining.

Lately we have seen "Stand and Deliver," "2012: Supernova," "Flight of the Phoenix" (newer version, which we prefer to the original), and "Happy Gilmore." :cool:

Back
Top Bottom