What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just watched "The Big Year," with Steve Martin, Jack Black, and Owen Wilson. It was an excellent movie, and I would highly recommend it. Not at all what I expected with those three! I love all three of them, but when I first heard that they were in it I expected slapstick, lots of language, and all-around silliness. It was very funny, in a nicely subdued way. It had very touching moments. There were times you wanted to grab one of them through the screen and shake some sense into him. Also, there were lots of great shots of birds (The movie is about three very competitive "birders.").

We watched TinTin, Shrek enjoyed it more than I did. The animation is extraordinary, you forget you are watching a "cartoon." It was good, enjoyable but, since I have never read any TinTin stories, I was not as enamored of the characters.

Last night we watched George Clooney's O Brother, Where Art Thou? I'd heard of it but never seen it. How funny!!!! It was so silly and fun and showed a side of Clooney that I wouldn't have imagined. Plus, the music was great.

Yes, it was. I enjoyed every second of it. It never dragged, not a bit.
That's one of my favorite movies. Deffinitely in my top ten.
I watched a Norwegian movie called Elling. It is about t
wo mentally challenged friends who become roommates and try to create a life for themselves outside the confining but protective walls of the hospital. It is funny and touching.

Last night we watched George Clooney's O Brother, Where Art Thou? I'd heard of it but never seen it. How funny!!!! It was so silly and fun and showed a side of Clooney that I wouldn't have imagined. Plus, the music was great.
One of my favorite movies. I love the Coen brothers' films. They have a real gift for turning a clever phrase.

I watched Raising Arizona tonight, which was one of their first films. Still makes me laugh every time.

We just watched "The Big Year," with Steve Martin, Jack Black, and Owen Wilson. It was an excellent movie, and I would highly recommend it. Not at all what I expected with those three! I love all three of them, but when I first heard that they were in it I expected slapstick, lots of language, and all-around silliness. It was very funny, in a nicely subdued way. It had very touching moments. There were times you wanted to grab one of them through the screen and shake some sense into him. Also, there were lots of great shots of birds (The movie is about three very competitive "birders.").
DW and I watched it a couple of weeks ago. We read the synopsis and weren't quite sure whether it was anything worth watching, but decided to give it a chance. Turned out to be surprisingly good and not at all what I was expecting from those three actors.

Steve Kroll said:
One of my favorite movies. I love the Coen brothers' films. They have a real gift for turning a clever phrase.

I watched Raising Arizona tonight, which was one of their first films. Still makes me laugh every time.

Coen brothers rock! I could watch Fargo again and again.

We are watching "Logan's Run" right now. I thought I had remembered most of the movie, but I had forgotten most of it! Still interesting after all these years.

not only was the movie great, but i loved the soundtrack. great, olde timey tunes.

i go apey when i get a chance to see it on cable.

i watched "the rite" this morning. it sent a chill or two up my spine. i guess i identify with it in a wayas i once seriously considered going to a seminary instead if high school.

although, while possesion by the devil was the evil in this movie, i gave up a life in the cloth because a girl i liked in 8th grade grew boobies.

so you see, a similar story....

Last edited:
Wanta see Christopher Walken as an eccentric funeral director in Wales? He has an Einstein-ish hairdo and observes that "fun" is part of the word "funeral." The film is 1992's "Undertaking Betty" with Alred Molina and Brenda Blethyn, plus Naomi Watts as a cute little tart. Charming in its own way. Go, Netflix!

The kids and I watched the James Bond film "A view to a kill". I own them all but this is not one of my favorites. I have not seen it years. I didn't remember just how 80's it was. Christopher Walken was trying to sink the silicon valley with a giant bomb induced earthquake.

Just watched Labyrinth for the umpteenth time, but the first time at a theatre. David Bowie is so good as the goblin king and he looks like he has fun playing him.

I took the kids to see The Lorax last night. We were the only people in the theater which was awesome! The movie was excellent. Danny Devito was great as The Lorax.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom