What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to "Hunger games" with some friends from my 7th grade class...
It is based off the book series which is really good as well. A few details were off but for the most part they did pretty good. It is about a futuristic world where there were 13 districts and a capital but after a rebellion from the districts, district 13 was wiped off the map and the capital started something called the hunger games where they send 24 children (a boy and a girl from each district) into an arena and last one standing wins. in the movie it is the 74th annual hunger games and katniss everdeen volunteered to go into the arena in place of her sister. She wants to win because she needs to come home to take care of her sister because her dad died in a mining explosion a couple years ago and when that happened her mom went into depression and stopped working which left katniss to fend for her and her sister. the last year her mom started working again but katniss won't forgive her for that. Katniss is really good at shooting a bow and arrow and is known for that. in the movie she finds out the boy sent from her district, peeta mellark, has had a crush on her forever but only one can come out alive. I highly recommend this movie. but it has some slightly bloody scenes so only children who dont get squimish easily but I saw as young as 10 in the theather and maybe even a little younger would be okay.
Written by my 13 year old daughter.
Your 12 year old daughter wrote the books? Or this review? LOL

Last edited:
I went to "Hunger games" with some friends from my 7th grade class...
Good review, simonbaker's daughter!
I saw Hunger Games today, too. It was SO good, and I highly recommend it also. MY daughter and I had an interesting discussion at dinner about whether someone who had NOT read the book could appreciate the movie as well as those of us who have. We both felt our favorite moments from the book were right there on the screen, too!:)

We just saw "The Abduction" with Taylor Lautner. When I bought it, I figured it would be "okay," but it actually turned out to be pretty good. :cool:

We just watched "Old Yeller." Believe it or not, neither of us had ever seen it. I knew the story and I think I had seen a small part of it, but this was the first time for both of us. We will probably watch the sequel, "Savage Sam," tomorrow.

We just watched "Old Yeller." Believe it or not, neither of us had ever seen it. I knew the story and I think I had seen a small part of it, but this was the first time for both of us. We will probably watch the sequel, "Savage Sam," tomorrow.

i was never allowed to see the end of old yeller. mom or dad would always drag me away to bed too early.

my older sisters always cried when they went to their beds, i guess because they were so happy that old yeller got to live out his life on a farm with lots of children. :huh:

Last edited:
i was never allowed to see the end of old yeller. mom or dad would always drag me away to bed too early.

my older sisters always cried when they went to their beds, i guess because they were so happy that old yeller got to live out his life on a farm with lots of children. :huh:

I have never seen even the beginning or the middle. Nor havfe I seen Casablanca. :ohmy:

We just watched Savage Sam again last week. I love the OLD disney movies.

Speaking of Disney, I watched Brother Bear with my kids recently. I had never even heard of this movie, but I am glad I found it. It is a great story and the kids and I had a conversation after the movie about accepting others when they are different and not judging a book by its cover. If you have young kids I would highly recommend this movie. There are a few violent parts and a few scary (mother bear dying) parts so make sure to watch it with your kids or know your kids well enough to know they should not see it.

Speaking of Disney, I watched Brother Bear with my kids recently. I had never even heard of this movie, but I am glad I found it. It is a great story and the kids and I had a conversation after the movie about accepting others when they are different and not judging a book by its cover. If you have young kids I would highly recommend this movie. There are a few violent parts and a few scary (mother bear dying) parts so make sure to watch it with your kids or know your kids well enough to know they should not see it.
I love "Brother Bear!" I cried!

i'm watching the second half of "the shipping news"; saw the first half a few days ago.

a pretty good movie but the newfie accents are terrible. i thought they were trying out bad irish accents at first.

i'm watching the second half of "the shipping news"; saw the first half a few days ago.

a pretty good movie but the newfie accents are terrible. i thought they were trying out bad irish accents at first.

Anything like what "Murder She Wrote" use to do to the Maine accent? :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom