What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Inception

(I can never remember the name of this movie, I keep thinking it's called Concussion or Concurrence or Deception--which makes my 20+ something kids laugh at me. I just keep guessing the name until I ultimately have to look it up.)

I watched it three times this past week. It's a good movie, convoluted at times and it's so different that many parts of it can be interpreted by the watcher but the movie never fully discloses everything. (like the ending)

It's about a man, his wife, and his two children. His wife dies, the authorities think he killed her. He goes to another country to work at a job in lucid dreaming, to find a way back to his children (through money and powerful people that can help him).
So basically, he's sleeping on the job (ha ha).

I saw the ending three times and I have no idea how it ended--it just depends on your interpretation. You'll never see a spoiler alert about the ending because there is no definite answer on what happened in the end.

PrincessFiona60 said:
I'd watch marky mark stand in a trash can and read the phone book.

+100

Not only would I watch this, but I'd also be willing to pay to watch!

Just watched Vegas Vacation last night. Seen it a million times and it gets funnier each time. Clark Griswald = best movie character ever.

We have had a couple of disappointments lately.

A few nights ago we watched "The Kids Are All Right". Everyone we know said it was super funny and well acted. I will give it the well acted. It wasn't the subject matter, it was just boring.

Last night we watched Country Strong - a movie I have wanted to see for awhile now. It was very slow, boring and disjointed. The music was great!

Tonight is True Grit (the new version!). Then back to Harry Potter....we just have the last two left which we haven't seen - our reason for seeing the whole series over!

We have had a couple of disappointments lately.

A few nights ago we watched "The Kids Are All Right". Everyone we know said it was super funny and well acted. I will give it the well acted. It wasn't the subject matter, it was just boring.

Last night we watched Country Strong - a movie I have wanted to see for awhile now. It was very slow, boring and disjointed. The music was great!

Tonight is True Grit (the new version!). Then back to Harry Potter....we just have the last two left which we haven't seen - our reason for seeing the whole series over!

We liked the new version of True Grit. The story was well done, but nobody beats John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn.

We liked the new version of True Grit. The story was well done, but nobody beats John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn.
I totally agree your Ogreness! With a little codicil - nobody beats John Wayne in ANYTHING! :)

The original also had an incredible supporting cast. It will be interesting to see the new one.

Last night we watched Wag the Dog with Robert De Niro and Dustin Hoffman.

Very good film and one that makes you consider how our news is "produced." Really made us think and I can only imagine what today's spinmasters do to design our news reports.

Last night we watched Tinker Tailor Solider Spy. Very well done.

We are currently watching Iron Lady.

I didn't know TTSS was out on DVD...guess we are headed to Hastings today. Been waiting for that one! Love Gary Oldman.

Romantic Comedy: Reese Witherspoon in Alabama

I forget the exact title however, it is a lovely romantic comedy starring Reese Witherspoon and 2 gents, her Ex and the son of a NYC Politian, portrayed by Candice Bergman ... The Bloodhound, Jerry was a hoot ! Cool dog. Reese portrayed a young woman originally from Alabama, and she went to NYC to become a top model ... Left the hubby and Jerry and friends and family ... Of course, she decided to leave the Politian´s son portrayed by Patrick Dempsey I believe, and return with her Ex because she truly loved him ...

Cute film to see ...

Nice post for film views.
Margi.

We watched it last night, too. Glenn had seen it but I hadn't. I enjoyed it and thought that that was when Whitney Houston must've been the most straight she'd been. Amazing how young Kevin Costner was. Well...everyone else, too.

Yes, we were all so young Katie. Hard to believe it was 20 years ago. Seeing the movie made Costner's eulogy of Whitney all the more touching for me. I saw in an interview that he recently tried to watch the movie again and said he had to turn it off after only 10 minutes.
I thought it was a very good movie. Both the endings were so sad.

Back
Top Bottom