What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thank you, merlot, for the helpful browsing tips for using hulu. i spent several enjoyable hours last night checking out various cooking shows--notably, dd&d and diary of a foodie. such a fundamental thing, but i didn't know how to browse, how to narrow my viewing options....a whole new vista has opened up for me with hulu--i still haven't moved to reactivate my tv sets with comcast's converter boxes since they disabled my tvs when they went digital in my area--and it's been some to weeks ago now....

Last edited:
Last night I watched Martin Scorsese's Documentary on George Harrison, "Living in the Material World." I've always been a Beatles fan, and it seems like this film contained a lot of previously unreleased film clips and photos. Some of the interviews were revealing, for example, Eric Clapton talking about feeling as if he were in the presence of giants whenever hanging around with the Beatles. Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr also appear much more relaxed and candid than in other interviews where they often come off sounding resentful of their Fab Four days.

I couldn't sleep last night, and so I watched FLIPPER on the AMC channel.
And now I can't get the words to the song out of my head.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
"They call him Flipper, Flipper, faster than lightning,
No-one you see, is smarter than he,
And we know Flipper, lives in a world full of wonder,
Flying there-under, under the sea!"

I finally got to see The Planet of The Apes. The reviews were incredible; in fact movie was ok, nothing really special. Too long and too slow for my taste. Did I like it, yes I did. But not because it was so great, because I love Sci-Fi and I love animals. Give me any movie about those two and I'll be glued to TV.

Hahahaha. I started to watch it, after The Old Man & the Sea (Spencer Tracy), but when I saw the doc-like footage & Lloyd Bridges, I thought this must be another movie (& a very old bad print). So, I switched to the King of Queens, & called it a night. lol. Now, I'm sorry I miissed it.

(My eyes are gettin' weary, my back is gettin' tight.)

Last edited:

I still have my Flipper Lunch Box...

I think that's what she meant, TV shows.

There is actually a movie Flipper.
It wasn't on AMC, I just checked it was on TCM. Dyslexic?
Flipper
A Florida fisherman's (Chuck Connors) son (Luke Halpin) nurses a speared dolphin back to health.

Now stop the music!

There is actually a movie Flipper.
It wasn't on AMC, I just checked it was on TCM. Dyslexic?
Flipper
A Florida fisherman's (Chuck Connors) son (Luke Halpin) nurses a speared dolphin back to health.

Now stop the music!

Now you have me singing it...

Another Netflix special: The Genius Within. This was an interesting doc on the life of that astonishing Canadian classical pianist, Glenn Gould. My goodness!

Tried watching two movies last night, either we were not in the mood or just not in the mood for those movies. Both seemed dry and plodding. I'll reserve the titles in case it was just our mood.

Another Netflix special: The Genius Within. This was an interesting doc on the life of that astonishing Canadian classical pianist, Glenn Gould. My goodness!

I really enjoyed that one.

If you are into Docs, thanks GOD Netflix has plenty to choose from, or else I would have ditched it a long time ago, BUT I digress. . .

Between the Folds was a pretty awesome Doc. I watched out of boredom, and was really glad that I did. was pretty amazing.

(God went)Surfing with the devilamazing. Just really good, imo.

Bill Cunningham New Yorkwas really enjoyable, and I have a lot of respect for that man, going strong and all of his work is still very relevant.

The Way We Get Bywas pretty insightful, and thought provoking.

Back
Top Bottom