"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-22-2009, 11:05 AM   #2101
Senior Cook

Just saw National Treasure 2: Secrets of the Book. It actually wasn't too bad, now I'm going to have to go find National Treasure 1 to watch that one.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #2102
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodfiend View Post
Just saw National Treasure 2: Secrets of the Book. It actually wasn't too bad, now I'm going to have to go find National Treasure 1 to watch that one.
i saw both in the theater and i own both movies and have many many times!! good movies.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #2103
Master Chef

I'm currently watching (& recording on DVD) "The Good Earth" (Paul Muni, Luise Rainer) on the Turner Classic Movies channel. Great film.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:39 PM   #2104
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking View Post
I'm currently watching (& recording on DVD) "The Good Earth" (Paul Muni, Luise Rainer) on the Turner Classic Movies channel. Great film.
wow i haven't seen that in many many years. thats the the one set in china?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #2105
Master Chef

Yup - based on the Pearl Buck novel. Really terrific film. Since today is Paul Muni's birthday, Turner Classic Movies has been having an all-day festival of his films starting since 6 this morning. What great stuff. I LOVE Turner Classic Movies. If we got rid of every other satellite channel, we'd still keep this one. Have it on nearly 24/7. Can't wait till next month - they have a terrific lineup of classic horror films in celebration of Halloween!
Old 09-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #2106
Master Chef

Quote:
Yup - based on the Pearl Buck novel. Really terrific film. Since today is Paul Muni's birthday, Turner Classic Movies has been having an all-day festival of his films starting since 6 this morning. What great stuff. I LOVE Turner Classic Movies. If we got rid of every other satellite channel, we'd still keep this one. Have it on nearly 24/7. Can't wait till next month - they have a terrific lineup of classic horror films in celebration of Halloween!
we always watch tmc in october. we own all the original classic universal monster movies and a complete collection of abbott and costello movies, meet the mummy and meet frankenstein are my favs. but jackyll and hyde, invisible man and killer boris karloff are also favs.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #2107
Master Chef

So we're definitely kindred spirits - lol!!!

Hubby is a HUGE audio/videophile. Has a dedicated "listening room" with over 2,000 CD's in his library. And our DVD collection is well over 1,000 as well. Between those & our book collections, our house is pretty much just a library - lol!! Love classic horror & have nearly all (if not all) the Universal, Hammer, William Castle, Columbia flicks on DVD. You name it & I probably have it - lol!! So between our collection & whatever TCM will be showing next month, we're all set for Halloween. Oh - & I also collect Halloween memorabilia. Have more Halloween stuff than I do for Xmas. Everything from new pieces down to antique collectibles.

We really do need a MUCH bigger house.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #2108
Master Chef

Quote:
So we're definitely kindred spirits - lol!!!

Hubby is a HUGE audio/videophile. Has a dedicated "listening room" with over 2,000 CD's in his library. And our DVD collection is well over 1,000 as well. Between those & our book collections, our house is pretty much just a library - lol!! Love classic horror & have nearly all (if not all) the Universal, Hammer, William Castle, Columbia flicks on DVD. You name it & I probably have it - lol!! So between our collection & whatever TCM will be showing next month, we're all set for Halloween. Oh - & I also collect Halloween memorabilia. Have more Halloween stuff than I do for Xmas. Everything from new pieces down to antique collectibles.

We really do need a MUCH bigger house.
oh we do halloween big inside and out. i will post pics in another thread closer to halloween. i used to be a sales rep for a movie distributer. i bought my old stuff right form the merchant but i also have out of print videos from customers and my boss. i'd say with dvd and video we must have around 2,000 movies. they really do take up so much room!! but they are like part of the family
Old 09-22-2009, 05:04 PM   #2109
Assistant Cook

I think the last movie I watched was this weird animated movie called Renaissance. It starred Daniel Craig and was basically a dystopian film noir, kind of slow but cool nonetheless.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #2110
Chef Extraordinaire

The Ultimate Gift