What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Avengers, the movie was fantastic, loved it.

Was not in love with the 3D and the BigD Theater. I actually got a headache watching, wonder if it is my no-line trifocals or astigmatism that made it difficult. The "Deluxe" seats were nice at first, but too high. My feet dangled, causing incredible pain in my knees.

Curiosity is slaked, won't need that experience again. Besides, it was very expensive for tickets, popcorn and pop.

While my experience with the latest 3d films is limited, I will say that the TRUE 3D offered, is a lot better than say the imax 3d, where there is a LOT of ghosting. The true 3D is pretty awe inspiring.

That being said, I will wait for the avengers to hit bluray. Just not into going to the movies anymore, too costly, too crowded, too over hyped. I can sit in the mancave with my 60inch LED, Full Theater Dolby 7.1 sound set up, pause the movie if need be, and not worry about annoying teens texting/chatting/yakking on the phone, the whole time.

There have been very few films lately where I am like, "Oh Shiiiiiii. . . I NEED to see that on the big screen!"

I usually only go to the cheapie movie theatre. The other ones have too many ads and they are so loud that I find it unpleasant, even with my fingers in my ears. You go to the movie theatre for the experience, could be it's the big screen, socializing with friends, etc. Having my hearing blasted is not an experience I enjoy and definitely don't want to pay for that. I can watch it later on DVD or at the cheapie theatre.

Watched "Judy Berlin" last night. Not much of a story, but it was fun watching the 1999 performances of some interesting actors: Edie Falco in the title role, lesser but nearly equal parts for Barbara Barrie, Bob Dishy, Madeline Kahn, Anne Meara, Julie Kavner. An actor named Aaron Harnick had a good-sized part, but he didn't look at all familiar.

"Mars Attacks" is due in my mailbox today. Whee!

Mars did attack last night. What a goofy movie! Surprise. This was Tim Burton's do-over. It seemed as though everybody and his brother (or sister) was in the cast. Instead of a song-worm, today playing in my head will be the Martians' "ack ack ack." Swell special effects.

I was at the in-laws last night and they rented "We bought a Zoo". Not your typical Matt Damon flick but I liked it. It is based on true story and I thought it was done well.

tinlizzie said:
Mars did attack last night. What a goofy movie! Surprise. This was Tim Burton's do-over. It seemed as though everybody and his brother (or sister) was in the cast. Instead of a song-worm, today playing in my head will be the Martians' "ack ack ack." Swell special effects.

First time I saw "Mars Attacks!" it really disturbed me. Now I really enjoy it! "Ack ack" has become a permanent part of my vocabulary.

We saw "The Reef" last night, a light diversion. "Jaws" it ain't, but filled the time before SNL.

First time I saw "Mars Attacks!" it really disturbed me. Now I really enjoy it! "Ack ack" has become a permanent part of my vocabulary.

We saw "The Reef" last night, a light diversion. "Jaws" it ain't, but filled the time before SNL.

I caught the last minute or two of SNL. Forgot Mick Jagger was on. Would liked to have seen it.

I was going to go to bed, until I switched channels & saw Citizen Kane was on. Stayed up after 3 AM, but had to see it one more time. Rosebud. :) Made me want to visit the Hearst castle again. The one time we went, there was a power outage. The castle was still magnificent. Watched Mildred Pierce a few days ago, as well.

Memphis Belle
I love that movie! When my nephew was a teenager he probably saw it at least 20 times.

Yesterday we watched the first three original "Walking Tall" movies. This afternoon we watched one of my favorites from when I was younger (and almost impossible to find on DVD--I looked for many years!), "Amy," starring Jenny Agutter.

I almost forgot, a couple nights ago we watched "Jack and Jill." I had heard so many bad things about it, and as much as I love Adam Sandler, I am always a little leery of his new movies, so I wasn't looking forward to it. I LOVED it! Stupid as all get out, but so funny!

Last edited:
I'm not a huge baseball fan and I liked that movie! It was a good story and well told.

That's good. I just didn't think it would interest non-sports fans. The fallacy of his approach has since been revealed but it was entertaining. Especially since I'm a stat geek and that's the focus of moneyball.

That's good. I just didn't think it would interest non-sports fans. The fallacy of his approach has since been revealed but it was entertaining. Especially since I'm a stat geek and that's the focus of moneyball.

I much prefer watching movies about sports rather than the sport itself. As long as the story is done well. Movie Geek here...

taxlady said:
What is "Redbox"? I get email from them that is obviously meant for someone else.

They have a booth outside of Walgreens here. You apparently stick in some money, pick out a movie, and the machine spits out a DVD. Is that right? Then you return it.

I've never used it, but that's what it looks like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom