What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Phantom of the opera. Unfortunately I fell asleep half way thru it, I will try again this weekend.

an oldie The Babe with John Goodman!!! I too fell asleep part way through.
kades

Strange Cargo (1940 - Great classic w/ Clark Gable, Joan Crawford, Peter Lorre, etc.)

The Mortal Storm (Also directed by Frank Borzage,1940 -James Stewart, Margaret Sullavan, Robert Young). Missed parts of the film. Would like to see it in its' entirety.

Fame

We watched Contraband.

What did you think? We tried to watch it and were bored...didn't finish it.
We have been wanting to see it as well, so I am interested in your answer too. :)

Our last movie was "Zookeeper," with Kevin James. It is in no danger of winning an Oscar, but we love anything with Kevin James, and it had a few really funny scenes. :cool:

Howle's Moving Castle

Showed it to the niece and nephew this weekend. The 13 y/o niece loved it. I think the 2 y/o (almost) nephew was entertained. He didn't get up and run around much. Of course, it was also bed time so he was snuggled up to try to get him to fall asleep (which he didn't do, of course).

Tonight James and I watched two movies we just got from ebay. First we watched "Chronicle." Other than the language (you know me and language!) it was okay. About three high school boys who develop telekinetic powers after exploring a weird hole in the ground.

Then we watched "The Woman in Black," with Daniel Radcliffe (from Harry Potter). It was pretty good! A couple "made you jump" moments (I didn't jump, but if I were a jumper, this one might have done it). :cool:

One Film in the Cinema & One T.V. Show

Buongiorno,

Firstly, the Vet and I had gone with friends and their 16 year old daughter to see The Hunger Games. From my point of view, the subject matter had no appeal for us. The teenager had read the book and was totally engrossed. We had treated her, as a Happy Birthday gift.

Españoles En El Mundo ( Spaniards in the World ) is a weekly T.V. show which we follow, and is about living, working, eating and cultural entertainment of places, in which Spaniards have relocated to ... It is chockful of facts, details, fabulous photography and interesting tidbits to see, eat, do and enjoy. Last night was Geneva, Switzerland.

Have lovely day,
Ciao,
Margi. :)

Last edited:
We have watched the first two installments of Hatfields & McCoys on History. Not a movie, but a miniseries.

So far so good, wonder if there will be any cast members left at the end the way they are dropping each other.

We have watched the first two installments of Hatfields & McCoys on History. Not a movie, but a miniseries.

So far so good, wonder if there will be any cast members left at the end the way they are dropping each other.

Glenn and I watched all the episodes and really enjoyed it. Yes, they sure did some "eliminating," didn't they?

Glenn was gone most of the day helping his son move some equipment, so I watched a movie from the library I knew he would prefer not to watch.

It was The Other Boleyn Girl and I really enjoyed it. I'd read the book quite a while ago and appreciated the movie, especially the scenery and period costuming.

My youngest son #3 has a plethera of first cousiins in the McCoy clan. They are from his paternal grandmother. She grew up in Pike's County KY. A true coal miner's daughter. Hillbilly through and through. Her mother was a McCoy. When I mentioned this fact to him, he asked "Is this something I am supposed to be proud of? I had no answer for him. :huh:

We went to the theater last night & saw "Snow white & the Huntsman". It was an action packed movie. It had a good storyline & was not boring at all. How much are movies in your area? We paid $27.00 for 3 of us.

In the Madrid Capital, films whether in original version English or Foreign Languages ( Spanish, Italian, French, German etcetra ) are 7.50 Euros except on Discount Days.

The last film we watched on T.V. in Spanish, was the Philadelphia Story, the original.

Have nice Sunday.
Margi. Ciao.

Back
Top Bottom