What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was pretty good wasn't it LTS
thumb.gif

We saw it in 3D...although I dont personally think they utilised it that much for this film, I felt we could have just seen it in 2D

Yes I am thinking it would have been great in 2D ;)

Aww that is so funny that your daughter wont keep the glasses on :)

Understandable though, they are not the most comfortable things to wear :rolleyes:

Rewatched Robert Preston in The Music Man - ran across it on TV while surfing between commercials. I had forgotten how much I loved the Buffalo Bills barbershop quartet. And the little red-headed Ron Howard was just precious. The song comparing the gossipping ladies to clucking hens was prettiy funny.

Finally got to see King's speech. Very good movie. I especially like movies based on real stories.

I am not too much of a movie person. But that is one movie I want to see. I don't know if they showed it in the movie, but when he was alone with his wife, he didn't stutter. That is often the case with folks who stutter. It is a matter of the person who is listening, to have patience while the stutterer tries to get the words out. By using patience, the stress soon disappears. :)

We watched Water For Elephants last night. Wasn't has gooey as I thought it would be.

Wasn't Rosie the best? We just fell in love with her. I'd read the book and was pleased to see the movie stick pretty well close to it.

As for movies, we watched two, in sequence. The first one, Monday night, was The Mask of Zorro with Antonio Banderas, Anthony Hopkins and Catherine Zeta-Jones. It was great fun and swashbuckling as required. Loved Hopkins in his role. Certainly different than Silence of the Lambs.

Then, last night, we watched the next one, The Legend of Zorro. Just as good as the other and it had some of the greatest funny moments. Pure fun.

I was impressed with how Banderas handled himself, particularly with a sword. I did a little sleuthing and learned that he'd seriously trained to do all the sword work, along with training in horsemanship.

I just love the Zorro stories and would never miss an episode of Zorro on TV when I was a child.

The Latest Sherlock Holmes Film

Buon Giorno,

I have always been a Sherlock Holmes fan and had even seen the Broadway Theatre production many aeons ago and all the Classic Original Films and have read all of Arthur Conan Doyle´s works on S.H. ...

The photography of the European cities, was spectacular ...

We enjoyed.

Ciao,
Margi.

Katie H.

Water for Elephants is one of my favorite films and felt it should have won the Oscar in February - March 2012.

Reese truly is a fabulous actress ... Very fond of most of her performances.

Rosie the elephant: She has a strong message for the world; an elephant never forgets ! and every louse has their day ...

Cats never forget either, and horses and donkies ...

How are your lovely zucchini and tomatoes ? What had you landed up doing with all those veggies ?

Have a nice wkend,
Ciao. Margi.

Katie H.,

I have always been a big Zorro fan too ... I liked the 1st Zorro with Anthony Hopkins better, than the 2nd ... Anthony did a fab job as the original Zorro.

Catherine was stunning when she was young. She had not looked her best, the last time I had seen photos of her in Mallorca ... Perhaps due to all the stress from the illness of Michael Douglas ...

Fencing takes alot of training and discipline ... They had some classes at the old Gym which closed unfortunately ...

Kind regards.
Margaux.

Have never heard of it! I will check out your link! BRB.

Hmm, sounds almost like "Best In Show". Will definitely check it out! Thanks, PF!

Last edited:
Our last two movies were "Just Go With It" (Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston) and the newest Sherlock Holmes movie (Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law).

The first one had a few kind of crude scenes (most of them funny, but still crude). The thing that I didn't like about it was that they had kids swearing, and I hate that. The movie was funny and heartwarming though, and we both enjoyed it. Apparently it was a remake of "Cactus Flower," which I have never seen.

The Sherlock Holmes movie was great. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom