What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Goldfinger. Young Sean Connery, :yum:

It's amazing, a lot of the technology (GPS, etc.) is now standard today!

Segued into Animal House.

We watched two movies this evening, both on BF from the red kiosk.

Red Tails: I really really wanted to like this movie. The flight scenes were pretty impressive, the acting and dialogue was not. Every named character does not need a one liner in scene.

Wrath of the Titans: It was basically what I expected. Fun, over the top and straight forward.

I was glad to hear the good reviews here of "Water For Elephants". I DVR'ed it last month when DirecTV had a free movie week, but haven't watched it yet. Sounds like a good one.

I'm watching "Father of the Bride" right now with Steve Martin and Diane Keaton....yeah, I know....have seen it several times but I still love it. :LOL:

Cheryl J said:
I'm watching "Father of the Bride" right now with Steve Martin and Diane Keaton....yeah, I know....have seen it several times but I still love it. :LOL:

Its on here too. Family favourite.

I was glad to hear the good reviews here of "Water For Elephants". I DVR'ed it last month when DirecTV had a free movie week, but haven't watched it yet. Sounds like a good one.

Water for Elephants is a movie? Read it and will have husband put it on Netflix list for us.

A few days ago we watched an over-the-top Eddie Murphy movie, Norbit. We laughed from scene one to the end. Saying over-the-top and Eddie Murphy is a bid redundant, isn't it? At any rate, we're pretty sure we missed tons of one-liners and gags because we were so busy laughing at what was punching us in the humor gut.

Last night, on our month's free offering from our dish provider, we watched The Last Nine Yards, followed by its sequel, The Last Ten Yards. Silly, funny, totally unrealistic, but good fun all around. These two movies would be what Buck would have called "bubble gum for your brain." No point, pretty useless, but pure fun.

We still have a Netflix one, Click, to watch and one I checked out from the library, The King's Speech. These two movies couldn't be more different than black and white. Don't know when we'll get to them because we've been having a blast with what we've been viewing via our freebies on the dish.

Channel surfing. Watched parts of The Bridge on the River Kwai, switched over to VH1 & watched parts of the Stones' concerts, & part of 48 hours (rerun - yawn).

Legend of the Guardians the Owls of Ga'hoole

Really love this movie. Absolutely gorgeous visually and the story has that classic kids story feel, like Watership Down or The Secret of Nihm.

Trying to stay cool I just watched a documentary on Sir Ernest Shackleton. He wanted to cross The Antarctic Continent in 1914. This is what he said in the newspapers." Men wanted for hazardous journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honor and recognition in case of success". 5000 men responded, only 27 were chosen. I could not believe the hardships they went through. A very interesting film. Liam Neeson narrates.

Back
Top Bottom