What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Dark Knight Rises was released in Australia today so off we went to check it out.
The sound track, both music and sound effects, are way to loud for the movie and completely override the vocals.
Terribly difficult to understand what anyone is saying most of the time.
Very long film as well.
Was OK, not great.

The Dark Knight Rises was released in Australia today so off we went to check it out.
The sound track, both music and sound effects, are way to loud for the movie and completely override the vocals.
Terribly difficult to understand what anyone is saying most of the time.
Very long film as well.
Was OK, not great.

The only movie I ever attended where the music was not too loud was "Mama Mia." The audience sang right along with the movie. Then at the end they just played the songs with the words on the screen. Then the whole audience was singing. The same thing with the stage show. And now the stage show is making its third appearance in Boston. Would love to go, but tickets are just too expensive. And I would have to go in my wheel chair. But that's okay. I have the DVD. :)

i think it is some kind of new tendency. All the movies nowadays have this "loud music" problem, if you ask me. I cannot here the dialog half of the time.

Cant wait to go and see the new Batman film...hubby is dying to see it too :)

If the music and sounds are that loud, you certainly wouldn't be able to hear Batman talk, as he talks ever so quietly LOL

Last edited:
Watched Secondhand Lions last night. Excellent movie. I really enjoyed Michael Caine, Robert Duvall and Haley Joel Osment in this film.

We watched "Journey 2" Friday night with our friends. We all loved it. :cool: After that, since we got to watch "Mirror, Mirror" last week, we watched a "guy movie," as James called it--"Battle Force." It was a little slow moving at times, but it was okay.

Last night it was "Kings of Pastry," :chef: a documentary "inside the deliciously cutthroat ...legendary French pastry competition" held every four years. It was fun to watch and I surprised myself, gasping out loud a couple of times when sugar sculptures went kaflooey. Good fun. Good ol' Netflix.

I was wondering what this one would be like...so I am guessing not too bad, but could have been better

I suppose so...

So I went to see Star Trek last night. It was kind of documentary and interviews and, of course, a sales pitch, for the newly re-mastered, digitally enhanced Next Generation Series. They showed two episodes from the season one, that is ready to go on sale today, and they are working on the second season right now. It was nice, but being a fan, I like the show anyways and honestly do not really remember the quality of the old film. Yes, of course they did side by side comparasing of what it was then and what it is now, but it’s almost irrelevant. Surprisingly theater was full. I like to seat higher up and because I came almost at the start of the show I had to look for a seat. Good thing I was alone I found one seat, otherwise I would have to seat at the bottom of the theater, you know the first few rows. It was a little bit too long, as I am not used to seat in the theater, as I mention before we really have not been going to movies last 10 years. I doubt we have even been to the theater 10 times during that time.
Al in all I liked it. Not just the episodes, but the whole experience, the crowd cheered and booed and lough out loud and even screamed, good thing my wife wasn’t there, she would never allowed me to do that. ;)

Watched "The Eagle" last night. I liked it.

Also saw "The Dark Knight Rises" over the weekend. While a lot of people were ooh-ing and ahhh-ing over how good it was, I thought it was a little disappointing. Many big, gaping plot holes.

We watched "Seeking Justice" last night. Mrs Hoot is a big Nicholas Cage fan.
This movie is certainly better than the last few movies starring Cage that we have watched.

Watched "The Eagle" last night. I liked it.

Also saw "The Dark Knight Rises" over the weekend. While a lot of people were ooh-ing and ahhh-ing over how good it was, I thought it was a little disappointing. Many big, gaping plot holes.

I would have been worried (after the recent events/tragedy). Did the theater take any security measures?

Back
Top Bottom