What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. That was a while ago. Forgot about Dinah. He had a cute smile & laugh, but didn't care for his movies (Smokey & the Bandit etc.). T. Selleck was cute :)
Tom Selleck wasn't "cute".

Tom Selleck is ruggedly handsome.

tom-selleck.jpg

taxlady said:
Tom Selleck wasn't "cute".

Tom Selleck is ruggedly handsome.

+1

Oh yeah. Magnim PI.

Though Burt was cute as long as he wore his toupe. The show Evening Shade was delightful, and his previous spread in Cosmo was not bad either.

I have recollections of us three girls AND Mom sitting there staring/leering at Tom Selleck, Dad would just roll his eyes...

You seem to be having a great time with your new TV. Good to hear. Enjoy! :)

We are Addie :)

It is so good for 3D films...it is just like seeing a 3D film at the movies ;)

I love it so much...the size is great too....wonderful to see everything so big :)

I have recollections of us three girls AND Mom sitting there staring/leering at Tom Selleck, Dad would just roll his eyes...

He came into our offices for a meeting years ago, & was sitting w/ the door open. The girls kept running back & forth to take a look. I had to walk past the office, & just as I turned my head to look in, he looked at me. I was so young & shy, I felt my whole face turn red. :LOL:

Last edited:
Tom Selleck went into my dad's store to buy some vacuum cleaner belts years ago. My dad was at his desk and didn't see him. By the time he realized who it was, it was too late for him to go out and meet him. He asked his employees about it and they said they didn't want to bother him because he was busy! My dad said, "Bother me! Bother me!"

Tonight we watched "Lockout." Not bad, but not worth keeping and watching again.

"I Like Killing Flies" was my Netflix last night. A documentary on Shopsin's, a "hole-in-the-wall" Greenwich Vilage restauran of long standing. I get the feeling I should have heard of it many years ago. The head man, Kenny Shopsin, would only seat parties of 4 or less and throw out the 5's with gusto and no remorse. Besides cooking everything under the sun, he is a philosopher at heart. Very entertaining. R rated for regular old NYC language.

We saw "The Sons Of Katie Elder" (John Wayne, Dean Martin) tonight. As much as I love John Wayne, I had never seen it. John Wayne was so good that he was able to squeeze 14 shots from his six-shooter. :LOL:

Later we finally saw a movie I have been wanting James to see. "Mildred Pierce," with Joan Crawford. It has always been one of my favorites, and I have looked for it for years. I found it for something like $13 for four Joan Crawford movies ("Mildred Pierce," "The Damned Don't Cry," "Humoresque," and "Possessed"). After watching "Mildred Pierce," of course I had to go to YouTube to watch Carol Burnett's spoof, "Mildred Fierce." :LOL:

Mildred Fierce - YouTube

We saw "The Sons Of Katie Elder" (John Wayne, Dean Martin) tonight. As much as I love John Wayne, I had never seen it. John Wayne was so good that he was able to squeeze 14 shots from his six-shooter. :LOL:

Later we finally saw a movie I have been wanting James to see. "Mildred Pierce," with Joan Crawford. It has always been one of my favorites, and I have looked for it for years. I found it for something like $13 for four Joan Crawford movies ("Mildred Pierce," "The Damned Don't Cry," "Humoresque," and "Possessed"). After watching "Mildred Pierce," of course I had to go to YouTube to watch Carol Burnett's spoof, "Mildred Fierce." :LOL:

Mildred Fierce - YouTube

Barbara if you want an intense non violent movie, the original "Twelve Angry Men" with Henry Fonda and a stella cast. It is definitely a study in human nature.

I haven't seen that in years! We definitely need to get that! Thanks!

The first time I saw it was live on Playhouse 90 on TV in the mid 50's. They didn't have as many commercials then. I sat there glued to the TV. I ran to the bathroom in spurts going a little bit at a time because I thought I would miss a word. Then when the movie came out, I would have sold the blood of all my kids to go see it. I have a copy of it and every so often I take it out and watch it. Being in black and white just makes it more intense. They didn't change one word of the play for the movie. But in the play, at the end, they just walked out of the jury room. In the movie, you see Henry Fonda on the steps of the courthouse. We didn't have a TV, so I saw it at my Aunt's house. None of us said a word the whole time. Not even during the commercials. :ermm:

The first time I saw it was live on Playhouse 90 on TV in the mid 50's. They didn't have as many commercials then. I sat there glued to the TV. I ran to the bathroom in spurts going a little bit at a time because I thought I would miss a word. Then when the movie came out, I would have sold the blood of all my kids to go see it. I have a copy of it and every so often I take it out and watch it. Being in black and white just makes it more intense. They didn't change one word of the play for the movie. But in the play, at the end, they just walked out of the jury room. In the movie, you see Henry Fonda on the steps of the courthouse. We didn't have a TV, so I saw it at my Aunt's house. None of us said a word the whole time. Not even during the commercials. :ermm:
Cool! I don't go back quite as far, but close. I remember seeing my first color TV when I was six. The first thing I remember ever seeing on it (not sure if it was in color or not) was "Hennessy." I love old black and white movies.

James found some made-for-TV movies on DVD for a good price (plus more than one movie per DVD). We watched "The Triangle" (about friends sailing in the Bermuda Triangle) awhile ago. It was entertaining. Now we are going to watch the second movie on the DVD, "2103: The Deadly Wake," with Malcolm McDowell. Okay, so we're not actually going to watch it with him, but he is in it. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Dial M For Murder with Ray Milland. I was going to watch the Longest Day with John Wayne. But I wanted a quiet movie.

James found some made-for-TV movies on DVD for a good price (plus more than one movie per DVD). We watched "The Triangle" (about friends sailing in the Bermuda Triangle) awhile ago. It was entertaining. Now we are going to watch the second movie on the DVD, "2103: The Deadly Wake," with Malcolm McDowell. Okay, so we're not actually going to watch it with him, but he is in it. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
Found out the 2nd movie on the DVD was not made-for-TV (not with the language and sexual references it had--fortunately not many). It started out slow, then started to get good, and then it just turned stupid.

James bought that set (for something like $2.50) for the 2nd movie, thinking we wouldn't like "The Triangle," but it turned out we liked it and not the 2nd. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom