What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You should read the books! They are better than the movie!! The movie changed some important things that I don't know how they will fix the next movie. I like her style of writing. She was very descriptive without dwelling on the blood & gore. I was glad Hollywood didn't change that because the story had potential to be gory.
I read The Hunger Games in 24 hours. I had to listen to the next two books on CD because there was a wait list for the books. I'd prefer the books.

What are the books about CC?

We watched "I am Number 4" last night. It was entertaining and we all liked it. It appears to be setting up either a sequel or a TV series, with the way it ended.

Tower Heist I thought it was funny. Slow start but I was giggling through most of it.

luckytrim said:
Hunger Games was slow, slow slow........... left too much of the book out................

Agree. The books are brilliant I read all 3 in 3 days. The film dragged and was boring

Just discovered you can rent movies for 3.99 from iTunes! Watched despicable me. Wanted to see it after we went on the universal ride. Will be watching more movies now that I know about this!

re-watched Silence of the Lambs, Anthony Hopkins is fantastic and so good you can do nothing but hug yourself when he starts to speak. Jodi Foster, ummm I like her.
kades

Kylie1969 said:
What are the books about CC?

The Hunger Games was a country's response to its districts rebelling against the capitol. The capitol decided in order to remind the districts not to go to war again, each year one boy and one girl (age 12 - 18) from each district would be picked by lottery to go to the capitol and fight each other to the death.
There are 3 books to the series: The Hunger Games, Girl On Fire, & The Mockingjay. I recommend all three. I finished one & couldn't wait to get the next.

The last movie I saw was...

The Restless from 2006.

The movie was from South Korea and has English subtitles. It had a very weird story line, but was very beautiful at times to look at. I say see it.

The Hunger Games was a country's response to its districts rebelling against the capitol. The capitol decided in order to remind the districts not to go to war again, each year one boy and one girl (age 12 - 18) from each district would be picked by lottery to go to the capitol and fight each other to the death.
There are 3 books to the series: The Hunger Games, Girl On Fire, & The Mockingjay. I recommend all three. I finished one & couldn't wait to get the next.

Thank you CC, they do sound very interesting :)

Fitzcarraldo starring Klaus Kinski and Claudia Cardinale. My second time; first was several years ago. I liked it just as much this time. An unusual adventure from German film-maker Werner Herzog. Enjoyed seeing German coming out of the Peruvians' mouths while I read the English subtitles.

I recently also saw one of Herzog's documentaries (Cave of Forgotten Dreams) -- I was unaware of the 1994 discovery of these ancient cave paintings in the south of France. Lascaux, the other cave with animal paintings, was found in 1940, also in the south of France. Created thousands of years ago, the figures are incredibly accurate and beautiful.

Fitzcarraldo starring Klaus Kinski and Claudia Cardinale. My second time; first was several years ago. I liked it just as much this time. An unusual adventure from German film-maker Werner Herzog. Enjoyed seeing German coming out of the Peruvians' mouths while I read the English subtitles.

I recently also saw one of Herzog's documentaries (Cave of Forgotten Dreams) -- I was unaware of the 1994 discovery of these ancient cave paintings in the south of France. Lascaux, the other cave with animal paintings, was found in 1940, also in the south of France. Created thousands of years ago, the figures are incredibly accurate and beautiful.

I haven't heard Claudia Cardinale's name in years. She came here to try her hand in Hollywood. The only parts she could get were the dumb beautiful other woman. She got frustrated and went back to Europe. :angel:

James just bought "Hunger Games" so we will be watching that soon. Our last movie was "Battleship." We all enjoyed it. Very predictable, but in a fun way. :cool: I liked how they brought a few references from the Battleship game into it, like the bombs that were hitting the ships looking just enough like the game pegs to make you think of them (plus the way they hit, and then they gave a final push before blowing up).

Went to see "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" while visiting my daughter in the city recently. Good one. :wub:

We watched "The Hunger Games" tonight, and I was very impressed by the fairly tasteful way they handled the whole subject matter. James and I both enjoyed it, and I plan to buy the books as soon as I can. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom