What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are about 2/3 of the way through the 9-part mini-series "The Winds of War." It is one of my favorite mini-series ever (along with the sequel "War and Remembrance"), and I have been dying to see it again for years. We bought that and "War and Remembrance" a couple months ago on DVD. I had read the books first, and they were excellent!

This brings up a pet peeve of mine. I'll post it here because it is movie related. Years ago, if a show was called a mini-series, it had at least four parts. A movie that lasted two nights was called a 2-part movie, and a movie that lasted three nights was called either a trilogy or a 3-part movie. For the last few years, however, they are now calling 2-part movies "mini-series." I'm sorry, but two parts does not a series make, mini or otherwise!!!
Whoops! I just noticed I wrote the wrong thing. It is 7 parts, not 9. :innocent::LOL:

Bring ear plugs. I don't go to regular movie theatres because they run commercials before the movie at a volume that hurts, even with my fingers in my ears. :ohmy:

I once went to a dance recital for my granddaughter. The music was so loud that I wasn't expecting it. People started to run out of the auditorium. It caused my right ear to start bleeding. The dance recital came to a screeching halt before it ever got started. I thought I was having a stroke. They had to call the EMS. Needless to say, there were ramifications to follow. Like all the mothers wanting their money back that they had to spend to buy so many tickets. The kids were very disappointed to say the least. :angel:

We are about 2/3 of the way through the 9-part mini-series "The Winds of War." It is one of my favorite mini-series ever (along with the sequel "War and Remembrance"), and I have been dying to see it again for years. We bought that and "War and Remembrance" a couple months ago on DVD. I had read the books first, and they were excellent!

I too read the books first. I remember the series very well and the sequel. We were glued to the TV. Would love to see it again. Another great series was the John Jakes series North and South and the sequel which escapes my mind at the moment. I read those books also. One of my favorite authors. :angel:

I too read the books first. I remember the series very well and the sequel. We were glued to the TV. Would love to see it again. Another great series was the John Jakes series North and South and the sequel which escapes my mind at the moment. I read those books also. One of my favorite authors. :angel:
We also have "North and South" on DVD. The only mini-series we bought at a regular store was "Centennial" (on sale at WalMart a few years ago). We got these two, as well as "Captains and the Kings," "Kingdom Hospital," "Storm of the Century," and possibly another mini-series or two on ebay, as well as movies and regular TV series. We started saving the shows and movies we really like, as TV is going downhill fast. :huh:

We also have "North and South" on DVD. The only mini-series we bought at a regular store was "Centennial" (on sale at WalMart a few years ago). We got these two, as well as "Captains and the Kings," "Kingdom Hospital," "Storm of the Century," and possibly another mini-series or two on ebay, as well as movies and regular TV series. We started saving the shows and movies we really like, as TV is going downhill fast. :huh:

I am so sick of Reality shows. I really don't care what the heck the Kadashian girls do. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night I watched another Netflix doc entitled, "Ingredients." Since I have gradually been won over back to fresh food and away from the processed and boxed "convenience foods" I was brought up on, this film was preaching to a choir member. "Ingredients" is a confirmation of this "new" way of cooking and eating. I didn't realize how important the fresh-food/slow-food movement is especially in the Northwest states -- Oregon and Washington -- but also upper NY state. I'm hoping the tide has turned and that there is hope for our overweight younger generation. As I have read in Charlie's posts here on DC, "You are what you eat."

Caught the end of Cleopatra w/ Claudette Colbert (1946?).

Story has it, C. Colbert didn't want to do the film because of her fear of snakes (final scene). So, Cecille B. DeMille tried to scare her by wrapping a huge snake around himself. She did the film, but notice the tiny rubber-like looking (fake?) asp at the end. lol

Fabulous costumes!

Cleopatra, Claudette Colbert - YouTube

Okay This is my short review for the NEW ICE T Documentary

Something From Nothing: The Art Of Rap.

The documentary recently showed up on the Palladia TV network and I watched it.

The documentary has loads of interviews with a lot of rappers, BUTTT mainly the old stars which to me was the only downside to the whole thing. Interviews went into the process the rappers used when creating their raps, how they got into rap, etc...

All the interviews were great. They were informative and engaging at times.

On the TV broadcast of the thing a lot of bleeping at times went on.

I will give this documentary 3.5 out of five stars.

Back
Top Bottom