What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A film written and directed by Sofia Coppola -- Somewhere. As I turned off the DVD player I was thinking, what a waste of time. But this is the kind of film that sticks in your head and causes you think about it later. She got her point across, which was the shallowness of fame and the basically hollow life of a pop-culture star adored by the public -- a waste of time. Unfulfilling in big capital letters. The scene where the star gets the full treatment by the special effects people was grueling.

Tonight we watched John Wayne and Robert Mitchum in "El Dorado." I don't think I had ever seen it (if I did I was a child). Great movie!

I thought I had posted our other movies lately, but I guess I hadn't (we have been in and out so much).

Two of the movies we watched recently weren't even worth recording here. We trashed the DVD (double feature) when we were done. The other was a good one, "The Alamo," with John Wayne.

James has been on a John Wayne buying spree lately. LOL We will soon be watching "The Cowboys" and "Hatari," both of which arrived today.

I love John Wayne movies. He has played such a wide range of characters. :angel:

We watched the new Total Recall last night. It was fun, but about what you expect from this sort of movie.

I also grabbed Prometheus and Bourne Legacy from that box o red.

Another documentary: Eames, the Architect and the Painter. Charles Eames and his wife Ray were the parents of that ubiquitous modern chair (you know the one I mean), and as the film showed, much, much more, including films and displays sent to Russia in the Cold War days showing life in the USA. What a brilliant couple! My late husband was an architect who was very interested in industrial design and an Eames admirer - he would have loved this film.

The Hobbit....for the second time :)

This time I saw it in 2D and the lower frame rate of 24fps

I must say I did actually notice the difference, I thought I wouldnt but I did

The 2D at the slower frame rate was actually blurred at some stages when they showed the distance shots, the backgrounds, like mountains etc and also it was not as crisp and clear as the 3D at the 48fps, the higher frame rate

Still throughly enjoyed it second time around though and mum loved it too :)

Another documentary: Eames, the Architect and the Painter. Charles Eames and his wife Ray were the parents of that ubiquitous modern chair (you know the one I mean), and as the film showed, much, much more, including films and displays sent to Russia in the Cold War days showing life in the USA. What a brilliant couple! My late husband was an architect who was very interested in industrial design and an Eames admirer - he would have loved this film.
I didn't know, so I looked them up. Interesting that she died ten years to the day after he did. I'll bet the documentary was interesting.

We just finished watching "Hatari." There were a couple things that bugged me (fake animal sounds--giraffes do not make noise, and big cats don't purr but some chuffle when breathing out; also the fact that they were roping huge wild animals with no gloves on), but it was a very cute movie and we both loved it. I have always loved the song "Baby Elephant Walk."

We finally watched the second National Treasure movie. Loved it as much as the first. And now there is news of a third one coming in 2014! :)

We went to see Django Unchained. It's sure not for the squeamish nor the faint of heart, but it's one hullofa story and the acting is off the charts. Whata ride!

Last edited:
I can't wait for that to come to Netflix. I may even be tempted to due a PPV.

We went to see Django Unchained. It's sure not for the squeamish nor the faint of heart, but it's one hullofa story and the acting is off the charts. Whata ride!

A Tarantino picture not for the squeamish? You have to be kidding me right? :ROFLMAO:

The movie was "Traitor," which I chose from Netflix for the cast, not the subject -- following the trail of a terrorist in North Africa and on to the USA. Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Jeff Daniels. Excellent performances, but way too real and way too scarey.

The movie was "Traitor," which I chose from Netflix for the cast, not the subject -- following the trail of a terrorist in North Africa and on to the USA. Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Jeff Daniels. Excellent performances, but way too real and way too scarey.

That was a good one...

A very good one.

Back
Top Bottom