What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We watched that last week on blu ray :) We bought the Trilogy Extended blu ray pack

We then watched The Two Towers on Saturday :)

Return of The King is next weekend :)

Im finally getting the boy interested in it.. he wanted to watch the next one today... He wants to see the hobbit... But i told him not until he sees these first...

DH put on a movie about the 2 Bolyen sisters and King Henry the 8th..YUKKITY POO
kades

Im finally getting the boy interested in it.. he wanted to watch the next one today... He wants to see the hobbit... But i told him not until he sees these first...

L2Q, that is great that your son is getting interested in these films, they are truly brilliant!

The Hobbit is actually the first story, as you probably know :)

I am actually wishing that they had bought The Hobbit out first and then the LOTR trilogy as then it would have been in order ;)

Yesterday we watched "WarGames" and "WarGames 2: The Dead Code." The first one was good (except for the language), but we both actually liked the second one better.

The Contender with Joan Allen, Jeff Bridges, and, surprise! William Peterson - looking good after NCIS, Christian Slater, and Gary Oldman stole the show. Very good and eerily similar to the current confirmation hearings. Didn't do anything to tamp down cynicism.

Most of Sergeant York this morning. I've seen it before, so know how it ends.

You know, the rifle and pistol he used in the movie to capture all those Germans were not what he actually used. They show him using a German Luger pistol and a 1903 Springfield rifle, but in reality he used a Colt 1911 and US model of 1917, what some call the American Enfield. It was actually a British rifle we were making for England and we converted it for our use when we entered the war and didn't have enough Springfields to go around.
In case you ever get asked ;)

Since it's been nominated for so many Oscars, I went and saw "Life of Pi". I don't know what made me think I might like it as I couldn't even make myself finish the book. The special effects were stunning, and probably worth the cost of the ticket, but the story sure didn't do a thing for me.

"Pawn's Move" (I think that was the name.). Very slow moving, and not a complete enough end. An ok movie, but I'm glad we didn't buy it.

I have been watching episodes of "Ghost Whisperer" lately on Netflix. I am almost finished with the 4th season (out of 5). I loved the show when it was on, but I didn't realize I had missed almost all of the first season. We also missed quite a bit of the final season, so those will be new to me.

James and I have been watching episodes of "The X-Files" and are a couple episodes into season 2. I had only seen one or two episodes back in 2000, and James had never seen any of them. We are enjoying them.

the "x files" gets addictive, barbara. but then it veers off course and gets silly in later seasons.

i saw a lot of the places around vancouver where they shot the show years ago when i went skiing in whistler/blackcomb. the show was very popular at the time, so it was neat to see where all of the spooky and alien goings on were filmed.

We watched "Horton Hears A Who" and "Dark Shadows" on the weekend. I loved both of them for obviously different reasons.

The animation and voice cast for Horton were amazing. Everyone was suited to their part (the kangaroo even looked a little like Carol Burnett ;)) and some of the lines were priceless - good for kids and adults!

I used to watch Dark Shadows on TV when I was a kid. A long time ago but it was surprising how I remembered the characters and how the movie was similar and different from the show. The movie was very campy, but I love campy and wouldn't expect less from the Burton/Depp team. Johnny Depp is becoming one of those actors who can combine leading man and character actor in one - not an easy feat. One of the things I found funny watching the special features. Most of the actors were English with American Accents, and then there is Depp - American with an English accent. Brilliant! ;)

We watched "Little Red Wagon" last night. A little slow at times, but it is a very inspiring true story about a little boy who started helping people at the age of six, and who started his own foundation a couple years later, to help homeless kids.

Laurie, Johnny Depp was the perfect fit for "Dark Shadows!" He played it so straight that he was totally hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom