"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 06-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #2591
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
"Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus." LOL We knew it would be cheesy when we bought it ($5 at WalMart), and it was. Sometimes we like a good cheesy movie. Entertaining.

We're going a different direction now with "Shawshank Redemption."

Barbara

"shawshank redemption" is an awsome movie. i re watch it when i ever i see that it is on. so many movies based on stephen king's books are not very good. maybe they don't translate to the screen very well.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:52 PM   #2592
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
"shawshank redemption" is an awsome movie. i re watch it when i ever i see that it is on. so many movies based on stephen king's books are not very good. maybe they don't translate to the screen very well.
We watch "Shawshank Redemption" every now and then too. We finally just bought it. LOL I like the Made-for-TV versions of the movies based on his books more than the theatrical ones. For instance, the M-f-TV version of "The Shining" was way better than the theatrical one (he actually hated the theatrical one and insisted on having more control after that, since it was so different than the book). The M-f-TV version of "'Salem's Lot" was great too (they didn't do a theatrical version of it, I don't think). It just proves that you can have a great suspense movie without filling it full of "f-bombs."

Barbara

Old 06-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #2593
Master Chef

Site Moderator

The new TV show in SyFy called Haven is supposed to be based on one of his works.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #2594
Senior Cook

Watched "Hope Floats" last night...a favorite of mine. Probably watch "Four Christmases" tonite, since I didn't see it this past winter. Waiting on "Trade" from Netflix.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #2595
Master Chef

Site Administrator

While not a movie we did watch the series finale of The Tudors last night. I was disappointed in the episode. And I think they should continue the series through the children as well (just because Henry died *not a spoiler* doesn't mean the series should be done.)

I think it would be highly interesting to have them continue through, aat least, "Bloody" Mary.

Also watched TruBlood last night.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:23 AM   #2596
Senior Cook

Still watching "True Blood" series...and definately want to catch "The Tudors" series, I missed. Loved that show.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:04 AM   #2597
Everymom

Extraordinary Measures. I enjoyed it. I'd love to see the True Blood series. I really enjoyed the books. I'm not willing to pay for it though.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #2598
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

The Goonies was on last night. Still haven't seen "Book of Eli" will have to wait...I'm going on a 4 day rotation for the forseeable future as we are down a nurse.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:34 PM   #2599
Senior Cook

I just watched Not the Messiah (He's a Very Naughty Boy). It's not really a movie, but it was on DVD so I thought I'd throw it out there.

It's a choral performance ala Handel's Messiah only based on Monty Python's Life of Brian. The performance featured most of the living Monty Python troupe members (I think Cleese was the only one not there), the BBC Symphony Orchestra and BBC Chorus performing live in a huge concert hall.

If you're a Python fan, it's brilliant. If you're not, I imagine it's a bit like sitting through a piano recital where your kid played first.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:26 PM   #2600
Master Chef

we're waiting on 'the war of the roses'~80's-ish film. my usual 4 tonite, though- how to lose a guy.