What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, I think I'm understanding a little better now, that for some people repeating a movie or book is like listening to a musical piece over and over. Thanks Addie.
I know this is the movie thread but thanks Addie for the Kent Chronicle books recommendation. I just ordered the first in the series for my Nook as I too love to read American history. By the way, have you read From Sea to Shining Sea by James Alexander Thom? It's my all time favorite historical novel, based on fact.
jamesthom

You are welcome Kayelle. I apologize for getting wordy with my answer. But I tend to get carried away when I feel so strongly about something.
Now that the warm weather is here to stay it is time to head for the library. Your recommendation has been written down as my next book to read. :angel:

I had on "Rest Stop: Don't Look Back". Yeesh. Thought I'd punched in "Drugstore Cowboy". Slim pickin's tonight.

Slash, blood and gore. It reminded me a bit of "Hostel". DH couldn't watch it. Really gross.

Thursday night we watched John Wayne's last movie (he was great to the end!), "The Shootist."

We saw "Lincoln" Friday night. We loved it.

Then we watched the new "Red Dawn." I had never seen the original. This one was good (could have done without some of the language), but it will never be a favorite.

Tonight I watched "Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away." It was a little weird at first, but the story tied the acts together and I ended up loving it. I would love to see Cirque du Soleil in person!

In response to the question about watching movies over, I agree with what was already said. To add to something PF said, some movies are actually better the second time around. One example I can think of is M. Night Shayamalan's "The Village." I was disappointed in it the first time because it wasn't the least bit scary. The second time, however, it was actually kind of scary because that time you understood who the real monsters were.

I have certain movies that I like to put on when I am in certain moods. If I am down in the dumps or just feel "blah" and need a pick-me-up movie that I don't need to focus on too much, I throw what I call a "teeny-bopper girlie movie" in. Usually "50 First Dates," "13 Going on 30," or "Bewitched."

Last night on TV was Barry Lyndon, Stanley Kubrick's epic of a movie, starring Ryan O'Neal. The story movement was absolutely glacial, but I'm glad I was patient; the location settings and scenes were just beautiful and so very well chosen for their like-a-painting effect. Another reason to enjoy a larger TV screen. The soundtrack wasn't bad, either. :rolleyes:

Watched "Life of Pi" last night in 3D. At first, I disagreed when it beat out "Lincoln" for Best Picture. But after watching it again, I think.the Motion Picture Academy got it right. Lincoln is a masterpiece in its own right, but Pi is just all around a magnificent piece of storytelling.

Last edited:
Kayelle said:
I hope you all don't mind, but I have a point of discussion. I'm puzzled why so many people watch a movie or read a book more than once? I've always wondered about this. There are so many books to be read and so many movies to be seen I don't understand why so many people repeat their experiences when they have already "been there, done that". It seems like a waste of time to me as long as I have an intact memory. With very few exceptions, I want a new experience with both books and movies. I'll admit I reread a favorite book of mine recently, that I read over thirty years ago and it was a wonderful revisit although I had forgotten much of it so that's an exception. On the other hand, I just don't understand seeing or reading a story I remember well. Maybe someone can enlighten me. By the way, I don't have a DVD or book library for obvious reasons.

Hi Kayelle,

I used to buy and collect movies. I found that I rarely watched them again.

I ended up sending them to Iraq and Afghanistan for our service members God bless 'em!

I do have a few favorites that I will watch again.

Lawrence of Arabia, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Patton, Always, To Kill a Mockingbird and Shakespeare in Love to name a few that come to mind.

Lately I peruse the movie section at the drug store and buy the oldies but goodies. I never pay more than $4 unless I find something special.

I love old movies and find that they're much better than the remakes by far.

Watched "Life of Pi" last night in 3D. At first, I disagreed when it beat out "Lincoln" for Best Picture. But after watching it again, I think.the Motion Picture Academy got it right. Lincoln is a masterpiece in its own right, but Pi is just all around a magnificent piece of storytelling.

Actually Steve, the Oscar went to "Argo" for the best picture of the year, although both Pi and Lincoln were nominated.

Last night I watched Monsters I had never heard of it but it was available via Amazon prime streaming and I thought I might as well try it.

Twas ok.

Started yesterday. I recorded cause Kathleen is visiting her dad.

I may watch it before she gets back, I may wait.. only time will tell.

I watched Troy again, for about the fourth time.
Now watching Collateral... for the second :mrgreen:

Monsters has been in my queue for a while. One of these days...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom