"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #2831
Senior Cook

Just watched "Prince of Persia". I just missed this movie in the cinema, glad I bought some dvd to watched it. :)

Old 10-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #2832
Master Chef

I actually went to the theater yesterday to see Clint Eastwood's "Hereafter" staring Matt Damon. I expected a lot from both of them, and the subject is close to me. It could have been a great movie, but I kept having the feeling Clint got all mixed up, and put the movie together from clips that were edited out. Like me, I think Clint must have been confused in his old age. Don't waste your money on this one.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #2833
Master Chef

I watched a screener last night called Winter's Bone.......it was a somewhat depressing film to watch.
Old 10-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #2834
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Last night was "date night" at our friends' house (dinner, cards, and movies). We watched "The Day the Earth Stood Still." It was pretty good.

Then we watched about half of "Frozen," but our friends were getting freaked out by the wolf attack and the suspense and asked us if we minded turning it off. LOL (We had already seen it a week or so ago).

Neither of them realized how late it was at this point, so they asked what we would like to see, and we said we would like to watch "How to Train Your Dragon." We will definitely buy it when we get the chance. We loved it! I love Craig Ferguson (too raunchy most of the time, but he is so funny I can't help loving him!), which made it all the better.

LOL--When the movie was over I said, "You guys realize it was midnight when you put that in, don't you?" Tom said, "No, what time is it?" It was 1:50. We didn't know it, but he had to be up for work around 4:30. Yikes! We hadn't seen each other in weeks, so everyone lost track of the time.

Barbara
Old 10-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #2835
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Neither of them realized how late it was at this point, so they asked what we would like to see, and we said we would like to watch "How to Train Your Dragon." We will definitely buy it when we get the chance. We loved it! I love Craig Ferguson (too raunchy most of the time, but he is so funny I can't help loving him!), which made it all the better.

Barbara
I'm glad you liked the Dragon movie...I want to see it again, today...but apparently there is football on of some sort.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #2836
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Last night was "date night" at our friends' house (dinner, cards, and movies). We watched "The Day the Earth Stood Still." It was pretty good.

Then we watched about half of "Frozen," but our friends were getting freaked out by the wolf attack and the suspense and asked us if we minded turning it off. LOL (We had already seen it a week or so ago).

LOL--When the movie was over I said, "You guys realize it was midnight when you put that in, don't you?" Tom said, "No, what time is it?" It was 1:50. We didn't know it, but he had to be up for work around 4:30. Yikes! We hadn't seen each other in weeks, so everyone lost track of the time.

Barbara
Barbara, I hope you and your husband know how lucky you are to have friends like that. Your post made me smile with sweet memories of my other life, long ago.
I have to check out "How to Train your Dragon".

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #2837
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Barbara, I hope you and your husband know how lucky you are to have friends like that. Your post made me smile with sweet memories of my other life, long ago.
I have to check out "How to Train your Dragon".
Oh yes, we do. Tom and Susan feel the same way. They are always saying "We needed our James and Barbara fix!"

Barbara
Old 10-31-2010, 11:44 PM   #2838
Traveling Welcome Wagon

James and I just watched "Spiderwick Chronicles." I had absolutely no idea what it was about before seeing it. We loved it!

Barbara
Old 11-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #2839
Half Baked

We started halloween off with watching "The dark Crystal"
It's an old Jim Henson movie from the 80's.
Still great!

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #2840
Chief Eating Officer

I love that movie 4meandthem!

I watched The Fantastic Mr. Fox. It was an interesting movie and well done. It did not keep me as engaged as I would have liked though. I am glad I did not have to pay for it.