What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We watched an old, well now it's old, Clint Eastwood movie last night, Unforgiven. We really like Eastwood and it was a very good film. Done in 1992, which would've made Clint Eastwood in his 60s. Not bad. Good to see there's hope for us old farts.:LOL::LOL:

Haven't been to a movie in the theaters in quite a few years, but we're thinking about going to see The Butler. My brother saw it about a week ago and enjoyed it. We'll see. We can always put it on our Netflix list. It seems as though it takes no time at all for "current" movies to end up there.

Watched "Moneyball" tonight. I'm surprised Himself didn't fall asleep seeing as it was over 2 1/2 hours of baseball "stuff". Interesting enough, but they probably could have said just as much in 2 hours.

Watched "Moneyball" tonight. I'm surprised Himself didn't fall asleep seeing as it was over 2 1/2 hours of baseball "stuff". Interesting enough, but they probably could have said just as much in 2 hours.

If it is a sports movie, it will never appear on my TV. Specially boxing. I love living alone. I have complete control over the remote. Fortunately Spike and I have the same tastes in TV programs. Mostly documentaries. And there are a lot of imports from the UK we watch together when he is here. Doc Martin has to be our favorite.

Last edited:
I love Moneyball. I watch it each time it's on. I love the interaction between Billy and Pete, especially when they were in the meeting room and Billy was saying which players they were going for with Pete being his yes man.

I much prefer sports movies than watching the actual sport. Moneyball is a favorite here, too!

Have to watch 42 this weekend...

Have you seen For Love of the Game? Great drama set around baseball. It was free last time I saw on Amazon Prime or Netflix. Can't argue with a Kevin Costner movie... well, most of them, lol.

Have you seen For Love of the Game? Great drama set around baseball. It was free last time I saw on Amazon Prime or Netflix. Can't argue with a Kevin Costner movie... well, most of them, lol.

Yes, I have seen that one, it was great. I don't argue with most Costner movies...you are talking about Waterworld?

Yes, I have seen that one, it was great. I don't argue with most Costner movies...you are talking about Waterworld?

I know most everyone hates Waterworld. I don't mind Waterword, but question why Costner chose a Mad Max style movie. My dog is The Postman. If nothing else is on I'll stop at Waterworld. If the only movie on is The Postman it's off to youtube.

I know most everyone hates Waterworld. I don't mind Waterword, but question why Costner chose a Mad Max style movie. My dog is The Postman. If nothing else is on I'll stop at Waterworld. If the only movie on is The Postman it's off to youtube.

The Postman was just okay...they messed with the story too much. It's one of my favorite end-of-the-world books.

Waterworld, I like it too...D. Hopper was over the top...fantastic!:LOL:

I much prefer sports movies than watching the actual sport. Moneyball is a favorite here, too!
That's because the movie moves along at a quicker pace than most live sports! I mean how many times does that batter need to readjust everything!

We've watched a bunch of sports movies here...much to Himself's chagrin. But he humors me, then watches what he wants to alone. I suppose with three TVs with DVD playability we could watch separately, but he lets me enjoy the "big screen" experience. Must admit though, both of us thoroughly enjoyed "The Rookie" and "Miracle on Ice".
images

That's because the movie moves along at a quicker pace than most live sports! I mean how many times does that batter need to readjust everything!

Is this what they refer to as a loaded question? :LOL:

We've watched a bunch of sports movies here...much to Himself's chagrin. But he humors me, then watches what he wants to alone. I suppose with three TVs with DVD playability we could watch separately, but he lets me enjoy the "big screen" experience. Must admit though, both of us thoroughly enjoyed "The Rookie" and "Miracle on Ice".
images

'Cuz deep down inside of you I know you got more! I want to see that kid who didn't take the test! ;)

The last movie I saw was Kon-Tiki.... The 2013 Oscar nominated submission for movie of the year from Norway...

A low budget movie that was high on visuals and also had a good amount of suspense.

I say it is a must see movie..

Is this what they refer to as a loaded question?
Why? Are you looking for a loaded answer? Here ya go:Mike Hargrove - The Human Rain Delay - YouTube

'Cuz deep down inside of you I know you got more! I want to see that kid who didn't take the test! ;)
Take WHAT test? :huh: You have me stumped on this one. Oh, that means I don't pass, doesn't it....:(

Back
Top Bottom