What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched an o l d I e. Peter Fonda and Kris Christopherson in W o o l e y Boys. Highly recommend it if you can find it somewhere.

Ca me Mutiny

The Caine Mutiny is an excellent movie. The kind you watch over and over. You just never get tired of seeing it. Right up there with The Magnificent Seven, and Twelve Angry Men. All great movies studying how men react under stress. :angel:

The Caine Mutiny is an excellent movie. The kind you watch over and over. You just never get tired of seeing it. Right up there with The Magnificent Seven, and Twelve Angry Men. All great movies studying how men react under stress. :angel:

Exactly. They do not make films like this any more. Sadly.

How was it?
Overall very good. I really like the fact that JJ Abrams has breathed life back into the Star Trek franchise. And the fact that there is more action is okay with me, too. I've always felt some of the later series were a little too "talky" at times.

Like "Prometheus" I also think this is one sci-fi film where the 3D enhances the story rather than detracts. Some of the shots are simply gorgeous and give you a feeling of being very small.

That pretty much clinches it, I'll pick it up tomorrow. We enjoyed the first JJ Abrams offering, we should enjoy the second one.

Star Trek Into Darkness, thanks for the thumbs up, folks! I enjoyed the heck out of it. Shrek said, "I think Father Gene would have thought it was okay." LOL!

The Wickerman this morning, the original. Then a moody movie on Netflix called Flesh and Bone. Excellent movie if you are into dark suspense/drama.

We watched "You Again?" Wednesday night, a very forgettable movie. Seriously, it was forgettable in spite of its stellar cast. For the first half of the movie I kept saying to Himself "we've seen this movie, haven't we?" and he'd say "I don't remember it". Keep in mind about the ONLY time I watch a movie is together with him - rarely watch one alone. The second half the danged thing didn't look familiar to either of us even though every single scene was predictable. I guess we saw it...twice. Heaven help us if I bring it home again and we lose another two years of our lives we'll never get back! :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom