What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We watched a few:

1) The Iceman - This was interesting and quite well done. This is not for the faint of heart.
2) Oblivion - Interesting but not overly creative. It is kind of like cotton candy.
3) Epic - Cute, fun but the story was a bit flat and predictable.
4) Killing Them Softly - Well done, methodical, not fast paced but never slow.

Hitchcock. It was really pretty good.

And now, Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle!

Last edited:
Hope its okay I start a new game?

What was the last movie you watched?!? :)

We watched Thank You for Smoking and LOVED it! Thought all the characters were great, especially liked the kid! Its on the must buy for the DVD collection list!!
David Niven, Roger Livesey and Kim Hunter in "A Matter of Life and Death" on television last week. (I believe it was re-titled "Stairway to Heaven" in the States.) It's on my list of ten films to take to a desert island.

I recorded Lifeboat the other day and finally got to watch it this afternoon. I really enjoyed it. It is an Alfred Hitchcock film, with an excellent cast.

hmmmm

I was listening to the TV this morning while shaving. On came what I found out is the trailer for the movie Gravity, starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. The scene I was listening to caught my attention immediately, causing me to walk into the kitchen to see what was going on.
Sandra Bullock is being tossed about while space walking, having some sort of mishap, but if you listen to just her and not the surrounding score or the guy talking to her, it reminded me of the famous restaurant scene in When Harry Met Sally :rolleyes:
I may have a hard time watching this movie with a straight face now.

Mama. :shiver: Eeks! Not much blood and gore, but lots of suspense and downright creepiness. And now, Princess Bride, which I've never watched in its entirety.

Definitely want to get "The Heat" as soon as the library has it available. We love Melissa McCarthy in "Mike & Molly" on CBS, and I'll watch Sandra Bullock in anything. Even if she was reading the phone book. Makes me think of our lovely daughter every time I see Sandra. Our daughter has been told she looks like Bullock so many times she's gotten tired of it. Not me! :LOL:

Definitely want to get "The Heat" as soon as the library has it available. We love Melissa McCarthy in "Mike & Molly" on CBS, and I'll watch Sandra Bullock in anything. Even if she was reading the phone book. Makes me think of our lovely daughter every time I see Sandra. Our daughter has been told she looks like Bullock so many times she's gotten tired of it. Not me! :LOL:

Did you see "Bridesmaids" with McCarthy? I'll watch her in anything, too, she cracks me up. And Bullock is priceless in anything.

Did you see "Bridesmaids" with McCarthy? I'll watch her in anything, too, she cracks me up. And Bullock is priceless in anything.
Didn't see "Bridesmaids". Looked tootoo silly in the promos. Might get the copy at the library and watch it without Himself some night as he has way more TV shows than I do. Perhaps a glass of wine will make it even funnier. But I'd rather read cookbooks (time wisely spent) than watch a meh TV show.

This afternoon I watched two movies. The first one was Jane Eyre (1970) with George C. Scott and Susannah York. The beautiful music was composed by John Williams. The other movie was Meet Me In St. Louis, I especially like the part about their Halloween.

This afternoon I watched two movies. The first one was Jane Eyre (1970) with George C. Scott and Susannah York. The beautiful music was composed by John Williams. The other movie was Meet Me In St. Louis, I especially like the part about their Halloween.

I saw that version of J.E a couple of months ago. The minute I heard the music, I knew who wrote it. Maybe it is me, but his music sounds like all the other stuff he has written over the years. He never stretches himself when it comes to writing music for a movie. :angel:

Here is a list of John Williams music. I am very impressed.

List of compositions by John Williams - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Williams had a difficult time as conductor for the Boston Pops. The members of the orchestra didn't like him from the start and gave him a hard time. At one point he quit. After a good talking to for the orchestra, they decided to behave. Next were the fans of the Pops. Very few cared for his choice of music. Every concert contained a few of his compositions. That meant he was going to get a royalty every time one of his numbers was played. The public resented that. Also he followed Arthur Fiedler who was very much loved. Enormous shoes to fill. I am ashamed to say Bostonians never gave him a chance. He still comes back to Boston at least once a year to conduct even if it is just one piece. He gets a better welcome now.

When Keith Lockhart came, he was a single hunk of a man and the women of Boston fell in love with him immediately. He could do no wrong. Then he got married. But he was forgiven. He has a sense of humor that Williams never had. And he plays for and to the audience. When Williams is the guest conductor, Keith introduces him and tries his dangdest to get the audience hyped up for a big welcome. Being the Proper Bostonians that we are, we cooperate and give a rousing welcome of applause for Williams but no cheering. He NEVER gets the cheering, whistling welcome we give Keith when he walks on the stage. :angel:

Himself picked up two videos at the library on Tuesday. Something SciFi for himself, plus he got MIB 3. We'll watch that one Wednesday evening since there isn't much good on TV tonight.

I just watched the Documentary The Great Hip Hop Hoax.

It is about two people from Scotland who are rappers that at first get no one to sign them up SOOOO they fake an American Accent and say they come from California and then wind up getting signed by a major record label.

They show them in archive footage drinking a whole lot of beer and goofing off. They fake being American for a long time. Just when the first album is about to be released Sony merges with BMG and they wind up getting shelved.

This newly released 2013 Documentary is a must see one.

To see the trailer:

The Great Hip Hop Hoax

I say this gets at least a PG-13 rating from me.

Went to the new mega theatre Thursday night to see Gravity in 3D it was pretty good, the 3D made it worth it. Pretty cool when you are sitting in a theatre and you have to duck to avoid space debris and tear drops just float in front of your face ;) yes this movie works best in 3 D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom