What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Went to the new mega theatre Thursday night to see Gravity in 3D it was pretty good, the 3D made it worth it. Pretty cool when you are sitting in a theatre and you have to duck to avoid space debris and tear drops just float in front of your face ;) yes this movie works best in 3 D.
I agree. We saw it in 3 D also.:)

Watched "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" last night. I'm usually not a fan of French subtitles, but the movie was fascinating.

Watched "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" last night. I'm usually not a fan of French subtitles, but the movie was fascinating.

How did you understand the movie if the subtitles were in French? ;)

I saw a movie yesterday on Netflix called Assault on Wall Street. I thought it would be an action movie, but nothing really happened until the end. It was good. Considering first billed were two unknowns followed up with Ed Furlong, Clint Howard and Michael Pare, that really surprised me.

How did you understand the movie if the subtitles were in French? ;)

I saw a movie yesterday on Netflix called Assault on Wall Street. I thought it would be an action movie, but nothing really happened until the end. It was good. Considering first billed were two unknowns followed up with Ed Furlong, Clint Howard and Michael Pare, that really surprised me.

:LOL: Good catch, Pac! I (ahem) meant the film was in French, with English subtitles....

Took 4 years of French, probably understood every 500th word.

Last edited:
We watched Pacific Rim and Gatsby last night.

Pacific Rim looked good, watch it with the sound off. Sheesh...

Gatsby was okish.

Pacific Rim sounds like it would be the movie to watch with complete surround sound at 3:30 am...:devilish: Be an alternate for any of the last 3 Star Wars...

We went to the Imax yesterday with BIL and his ex and saw Hunger Games. OMG, it was LOUD! The movie followed the book very closely, but the book wasn't nearly as LOUD!

I really want to see Pacific Rim, but I will not go to see it in IMax.....my eardrums would never recover!

Last edited:
In the middle of the night, I watched "Going My Way" with Bing Crosby and Barry Fitzgerald. At the end they bring in the mother of the old priest. A real tear jerker. :angel:

Last edited:
We went to the Imax yesterday with BIL and his ex and saw Hunger Games. OMG, it was LOUD! The movie followed the book very closely, but the book wasn't nearly as LOUD!

I really want to see Pacific Rim, but I will not go to see it in IMax.....my eardrums would never recover!

We saw Hunger Games Thursday night. Not as loud and not in IMAX, we went to a historic theater near us.

Pacific Rim is on disc already.

We saw Hunger Games Thursday night. Not as loud and not in IMAX, we went to a historic theater near us.

Pacific Rim is on disc already.

Good to know. Not a big fan of IMAX, even though this was my first experience with it.

IMAX does bring a much bigger screen with a higher resolution....

I'm not a fan of looking up Donald Sutherland's nose and seeing a huge booger. It's much bigger in IMAX. Everyone's pores were huge!

I felt I was invading everyone's privacy. And it was scary loud.

A recent Netflix choice, a 1989 Bruce Willis movie called In Country. I'd never seen it and Glenn had only seen bits of it. One of the interesting things about the film is that it was made here where we live and it was so fun seeing points of interest, major buildings, etc. that are so familiar to us.

We enjoyed it.

We went & saw the same movie yesterday afternoon, could not believe the long lines. They were showing the movie every 30 mn in 6 different theaters & long lines in all of them, crazy. It was a pretty good movie though.:):angel:

In the middle of the night, I watched "Going My Way" with Bing Crosby and Barry Fitzgerald. At the end they bring in the mother of the old priest. A real tear jerker. :angel:
We often get "Going My Way" on television at Christmas, along with "It's a Wonderful Life". I love old black and white films. Picked up a trio of Bette Davies DVDs in the charity shop not long ago - "Mr Skeffington", "Dark Victory" and "Now Voyager".

We often get "Going My Way" on television at Christmas, along with "It's a Wonderful Life". I love old black and white films. Picked up a trio of Bette Davies DVDs in the charity shop not long ago - "Mr Skeffington", "Dark Victory" and "Now Voyager".

A real tear jerker if ever there was one. When I would forget to do something my mother asked me to do, I would tell her I was having a Dark Victory moment. "I'll give you a Dark Victory Moment for real young lady! One you won't come out of!" And I always thought I was the perfect child. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom