What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
12 Years A Slave (recommend)
Kitchen Stories (recommend if you don't mind subtitles, this was a very entertaining film--appealed to the Scandinavian in me)

Gravity. Didn't care for it that much.

Visual and audio are fine, but there has to be a story. The size of the screen will not matter if the story is good.

Exactly. There was no story in Gravity....

Best "review" I heard about Gravity said it showed how George Clooney would rather be lost in space than spend 2+ hours with a woman close to his age. :LOL: We'll probably watch it just because we're huge Sandra fans, but I can already hear Himself channelling Neil deGrasse Tyson and mentioning every single one of the astronomical errors. :wacko:

Best "review" I heard about Gravity said it showed how George Clooney would rather be lost in space than spend 2+ hours with a woman close to his age. :LOL: We'll probably watch it just because we're huge Sandra fans, but I can already hear Himself channelling Neil deGrasse Tyson and mentioning every single one of the astronomical errors. :wacko:

Then you will be glad Shrek an I are not there or you would have three of us going on about errors.:ROFLMAO:

At least Robert Redford's latest film 'All is Lost', where he gets stranded at sea in his disabled boat, had a little more substance than Gravity. He was the only character and the entire film took place on his little boat, and he only spoke one word.

At least Robert Redford's latest film 'All is Lost', where he gets stranded at sea in his disabled boat, had a little more substance than Gravity. He was the only character and the entire film took place on his little boat, and he only spoke one word.

If the word came immediately after his boat was disabled... I can guess what it might have been :angel:

Then you will be glad Shrek an I are not there or you would have three of us going on about errors.:ROFLMAO:
I don't mind him correcting the movie. Actually, we both have fun trying to spot the poor edits, the prop mistakes, the incorrect facts. Just think how much fun we could all have acting like it's a game show - see who calls out an error first! :LOL:

Of course what would be WAY more fun would be to have Neil Tyson sitting in the extra chair spotting those errors for us. Love the man!

Finally, about 16 years after it first came out, we watched The Big Lebowski. Apparently we're either too old for it or else you have to watch it completely stoned. Hadn't even dipped into my wine at that point. OTOH, I'll never look at bowling the same again.

I did it! Fifty years after I was scared out of my wits by the witch and monkeys at 5 years old, I finally watched "Wizard of Oz" from start to finish!

Okay, have you all stopped laughing? ;) It was very traumatic and I don't know why I just kept "avoiding" it. Finally I felt it was time to put that fear aside and see it for what it was - a masterpiece of a movie!

@LPBeier----- I can totally understand! When I watched King Kong (NOT the recent ones!;)) I had the pants scared off of me!!!!! Only when I grew up (which is in a process of reversing at this point!) could I watch and enjoy it, although it wasn't a masterpiece, like Oz.

You've given me an idea----- put The Wizard of Oz in my Netflix queue.

I don't mind him correcting the movie. Actually, we both have fun trying to spot the poor edits, the prop mistakes, the incorrect facts. Just think how much fun we could all have acting like it's a game show - see who calls out an error first! :LOL:

Of course what would be WAY more fun would be to have Neil Tyson sitting in the extra chair spotting those errors for us. Love the man!

I love watching movies that way...makes it fun.

There were so many technical inaccuracies in Gravity that bugged the heck out of me but I figured many of them had to be done in that manner to make the movie more entertaining.

That means we should be able to watch it in full critique mode...Making fun of serious movies can create more laughs than a great comedy!

Himself mentioned a classic, Our Man Flint, a few weeks back. We got the disc from the library and watched it tonight. A little Bond, a little Austin Powers, and a lot of laughs. Still dozed off for a couple short naps even though we were liking it better than last night's movie - just can't stay awake with a cat on my lap! :LOL:

Watched Elysium a couple of nights ago. I really enjoyed it. One could heavily deconstruct it for its political commentary, which I found interesting.

Watched "Les Miserables" in its entirety. Of course I had to bawl through the last 10 minutes. What a great score! This is the first time I've seen it.

Back
Top Bottom