What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Loved the Spanx part of the movie. It cracked me up, too!

We watched Last Vegas, very funny and touching.

We watched Riddick (the third in the series) a week or so ago via the On Demand service from Comcast. It was okay for the genre I guess but that's about all you can say about it. Craig fell asleep not too far into the movie. I told him I was really glad we didn't buy it and that I thought it was time Vin Diesel stopped with the Riddick movies if they weren't going to be any better than that one.

Gosh! Wasn't it funny?! We laughed so much I'm sure we missed some parts.
The DVD isn't due back at library until next week Wednesday. We might take it back or we might watch it again. I am not in a hurry to get it back for the next guy (mean, I know). In spite of all the copies they have circulating throughout our system it took almost 3 months before my turn came up. Guessing a lot of people are watching it a few times!

Does watching a movie on a DVD count? I can't go to a movie theater because they don't have Closed Captioning. And other reasons.

I just watched The Butler which I'd give 3 stars. The blurbs attracted me (butler to many presidents) and I always enjoy Forest Whitaker.

But it didn't fulfill what I had hoped for.

Does watching a movie on a DVD count? I can't go to a movie theater because they don't have Closed Captioning. And other reasons.
The "other reasons" are all the reasons I like to watch at home: popcorn is better, snacks are cheaper, hard to find a movie theater that sells beer and pizza (although they are out there). And the big plus? I can pause the movie to get more munchies or make room for more liquids. The theater has issues if you jump up and yell "pause it please"! :LOL:

Not strictly a movie but we started watching the miniseries docudrama Klondike. 2 of the 3 down. The third one seems to have issues downloading from DTV On Demand.

The "other reasons" are all the reasons I like to watch at home: popcorn is better, snacks are cheaper, hard to find a movie theater that sells beer and pizza (although they are out there). And the big plus? I can pause the movie to get more munchies or make room for more liquids. The theater has issues if you jump up and yell "pause it please"! :LOL:

Exactly!

More reasons:

No sticky residue on the arms of the seats.
No person coughing wildly behind you.
No one talking behind or in front of you.
No germs other than mine.

My main "other reasons"...

cheap or free movies at home, including many first run movies.... "cheap" includes Netflix, Hulu, pirate dvd's, etc..
I have not been to a movie theater in over 10 years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom