What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haven't seen it yet but waiting for "The Ride of Her Life" DVD to hit the streets any day soon, before it hits the cheap mall theaters in April....LOL...
If you're a big fan of Subarus and doughnuts I think you'll enjoy this movie..

uhh, I think you've been spending too much time in the medical marijuana thread :ermm:
But I do like donuts :)

Since it's March Madness time and we're not huge round ball fans, there really wasn't much on TV last night. However, our satellite provider is offering a "sampling" of free movie channels the next several days. Well...

We hit the jackpot last night. It was a night of twists and turns and whodunits. We really didn't intend to, but we ended up watching two movies, one right after the other.

The first one, Perfect Strangers, was a Bruce Willis/Halle Berry flick. Wow, did it have some good twists and turns. We really enjoyed it.

The second one, Just Cause, featured Sean Connery, Laurence Fishburne, Kate Capshaw and a host of other recognizable good actors. Boy, this one really had us guessing.

Great evening vegging with good movies!!! Two thumbs up for both films.

We watched American Hustle last night, it was brilliant.

Night before we watched Nebraska, another amazing movie. Bruce Dern was magnificent.

Stupid stuff. Not the movie title. What I've been watching...
I can't even get through Oblivion without falling asleep :(
Some day I'll find out how it ends.

Last night I watched Up the Yangtze. Although I found it interesting and instructive I don't know if that would be everyone's opinion. While trying to neither 'celebrate nor condemn' I found myself cringing at more than one scene. Notably, one where a pianist on the cruise ship was playing and singing to the mostly wealthy people on the ship. The song was 'It's So Easy To Learn Chinesey'!

That was the low point.

Film Review: Up the Yangtze | Mother Jones

"[...] Chang (third-generation Canadian) neither celebrates nor condemns. Instead, he questions the ways in which economic progress erodes--sometimes even destroys--personal and cultural values."

Amazon.com: Up the Yangtze: Cindy Shui Yu, Jerry Bo Yu Chen, Yung Chang: Movies & TV

All in all I'm glad I watched it.

The Desolation of Smaug. ##***## Did it to us once again!:mad: Have to wait another year.:(

We went to the "cheap seats" ($3.00) & saw "Pompeii" Very interesting, based on a true story. A little bit about the story line:

In 79 A.D. there was a small town of about 20,000. They, unknowingly, built a town on a volcano. After some time it erupted, diminishing the town & everyone in it. 2,000 years later they found people & even a dog, covered &sealed in lava, amazing. The research can be found on line & is in a museum.
I just cannot quit thinking about it.

Good movie, it's worth seeing.

Simonbaker, I would love to see that movie. I just can't imagine what that must have been like - from what I've read they also found bowls of food along with the families and pets, around the dinner table. I'm so interested in ancient history.

I recently watched "The Magic of Belle Isle", with Morgan Freeman and Virginia Madsen, on Netflix. I'm a big Morgan Freeman fan, I could listen to his voice forever.

It's a nice 'feel good' movie, about inspiration and hope. Predictable, but a good one. :)

We went to the "cheap seats" ($3.00) & saw "Pompeii" Very interesting, based on a true story...
When I was around 8 or 9, my Aunt gave me the Reader's Digest Treasury for Young Readers. One of the articles/stories in the book was about Pompeii. I was completely captivated by it then and have found it to be an interesting subject ever since. PBS had a program about Pompeii a while back. I found a website with free documentaries you can watch online and they have one on Pompeii. Don't know if this is what PBS showed though.

It gets extremely real when you actually walk through the ruins of Pompeii.:ermm:

Watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes, again. Saving The Desolation of Smaug for tomorrow night. Also picked up August: Osage County, Shrek wanted to see that one and I think it will be good.

Not a movie---- but just watch the first installment of Fargo (TV series) on TV last night.

GREAT! If you didn't like Fargo, the movie, you won't like this. It's not a copycat of the movie but there are a lot of similarities.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom