What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watched Ellysium, missed the first 20 minutes, but still a lot of shoot 'em up, boom boom bang bang interesting stuff.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but nice to see you post again, Frank. [thumbs up]

We (I) watched "Pacific Rim" last night. DH didn't care for it, I enjoyed it. Would have been really cool on the big screen, but we missed it when it was at the theatre.

Just got done watching "The Spiral Staircase". A black and white from 1946. Starring Dorothy McGuire, George Brent, Ethel Barrymore and a young Rhonda Fleming. Lots of suspence with lots of rain, thunder and lighting. Love a good storm with murders. :)

Just got done watching "The Spiral Staircase". A black and white from 1946. Starring Dorothy McGuire, George Brent, Ethel Barrymore and a young Rhonda Fleming. Lots of suspence with lots of rain, thunder and lighting. Love a good storm with murders. :)

I've watched that movie several times in the past years. It's an absolute classic! The use of shadows in that creepy old house were so effective!

The fact that Dorothy McGuire couldn't speak just added to the terror. For anyone who wants to watch a masterpiece watch this one----- not the remakes of it.

I watched Philomena last night (Judy Dench) and was captivated by the story, which is based on a book/true happening.

I won't give Wiki's synopsis of it because it tells too much of the story line. Just take my word, if you like heartwarming stories (but not gushy) and if you like Judy Dench (who can't?) then this movie is a must watch.

I watched Philomena last night (Judy Dench) and was captivated by the story, which is based on a book/true happening.

I won't give Wiki's synopsis of it because it tells too much of the story line. Just take my word, if you like heartwarming stories (but not gushy) and if you like Judy Dench (who can't?) then this movie is a must watch.

I love Judi Dench too. I have a book about her it's called A celebration of Judi Dench "Darling Judi". Can't wait to read it. It's next on my list.

Last night we watched the Hobbit sequel.

The one thing that strikes me funny is that Orlando Bloom (Legolis) looks (and is) 10 years older than he was in the first three movies which are supposed to occur before the Hobbit ones and he is an Elf so shouldn't age much at all. :LOL: But he is still cute in his Elfan ears!

We watched Out of The Furnace and The Wolf of Wall Street.

The first was slow but not bad. A lot more slow and methodical than I thought it would be.

The second was funny and, sometimes, over the top. Not bad, not great.

I watched Nebraska last night after wondering if I really wanted to.

SO glad I did! Heartwarming, funny (not slapstick), pathos with a great ending. Done in black and white which enhanced the movie in my opinion.

I watched Nebraska last night after wondering if I really wanted to.

SO glad I did! Heartwarming, funny (not slapstick), pathos with a great ending. Done in black and white which enhanced the movie in my opinion.

I loved Nebraska!

Back
Top Bottom