What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the last couple of weeks I have watched over 250 movies..

The entire movie? That's amazinig! I had to look up DLNA and read Wiki's explanation and still don't know what it's for. :ohmy:

What is it for---- for the average person and in layman's terms, if that's possible?

The entire movie? That's amazinig! I had to look up DLNA and read Wiki's explanation and still don't know what it's for. :ohmy:

What is it for---- for the average person and in layman's terms, if that's possible?

Well... I am not actually watching the movies as they go from disc to network. I just watch the process and swap discs as needed.

it does take 20 to 40 minutes per disc, and I have two machines doing it.

DLNA allows me to stream my content to my devices on my network. Kinda like having my own NetFlix.

Thanks----- still not sure what it is and that's my problem, not the writers. And still don't know if I need it, want it or already have it. :)

It's a technology that allows you to watch movies or TV shows downloaded to your computer or tablet on your TV or smartphone, for example. It lets you view or listen to all your digital media on all your digital devices through a home network.

Well... I am not actually watching the movies as they go from disc to network. I just watch the process and swap discs as needed.

it does take 20 to 40 minutes per disc, and I have two machines doing it.

DLNA allows me to stream my content to my devices on my network. Kinda like having my own NetFlix.

Thanks for clearing that up. :) I just didn't see how a person could actually WATCH that many movies! (What I don't know about some technology would take a LOT longer to download!)

The one thing that bothered me about this movie is that it based on a true story but how could they know any of what happened when they lost radio contact with the boat. All of that was pure speculation. It was a good movie, don't get me wrong, but that has always stuck in my mind.

When a movie is based on a true story, that can mean that just the basic plot was a true story, but the rest can be creative license. It's not intended to be a documentary.

When a movie is based on a true story, that can mean that just the basic plot was a true story, but the rest can be creative license. It's not intended to be a documentary.

+1 (sub-titled "Don't Believe Everything You See in the Movies" or the Internet or a book.)

And all this time I thought Mark Wahlberg was rescued and that's how he could keep making movies ;)

Conspiracy theory yesterday. First up was a movie that caught my eye at Netflix, JFK: The Smoking Gun. Excellent movie with just a couple slow parts. No doubt in my mind that if the facts they were presenting were indeed facts, there were two different shooters. Bullets just don't make holes smaller than their caliber.
And then recommended to me because I watched that was Interview with the Assassin. This one was fiction, but done up like Blair Witch. I found it entertaining and again thought provoking.

I totally realize that. it is just tjat most of the movie was based on conjecture. Tjey could have died when the girst wave hit. But like I said I enjoyed the movie.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Yesterday I spent the afternoon listening to (while I was working around the apartment) and not really watching, "Father of the Bride, Parts I and II". I just wanted something on that didn't require my attention as I have seen it a few times in the past. :angel:

I watched (again) the documentary Herb and Dorothy. It's too bad that it has no closed captioning and my hearing has become worse than when I first watched it years ago.

But it's a heartwarming story: Rotten Tomatoes gave this short blurb which can't begin to give the flavor of this older couple in their little apartment in NYC, with their cat, and with paintings/drawings literally all over the place, even under the bed.

"The film takes a close look at the historical gift project by the legendary art collector couple, Herbert and Dorothy Vogel, and its impact on art communities around America. Herbert and Dorothy Vogel, a former postal clerk and a librarian, built a world-class collection of Minimal and Conceptual Art with their modest salaries. Over 2000 works were packed into their small NYC apartment, but they never sold a piece for profit. In 1992, they decided to transfer the entire collection to the National Gallery of Art, making headlines worldwide. (c) Fine Line

Herb & Dorothy - Rotten Tomatoes

For jpgs or gifs of some of the art pieces:
Vogel 50x50

Watched a movie from the 70's, Without a Trace with Judd Hirsch. A very good movie with some good acting, a good change of pace

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Discuss Cooking mobile app

Oblivion again. The more I see it the more nuances I notice.
This movie is really well put together.

BTW, Jesse Stone alert on Hallmark tomorrow.

Oblivion again. The more I see it the more nuances I notice.
This movie is really well put together.

BTW, Jesse Stone alert on Hallmark tomorrow.

Pac, how many JS movies did Hallmark make? I think I have seen four. But I know there were more than four books written. :angel:

I've seen six, Addie, and there's a couple I haven't seen.
I've been waiting for them to show up for free streaming. Maybe they'll be included in tomorrow's marathon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom