What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday 'The Merchant of Venice' with Al Pacino and Jeremy Irons; today, 'When You're Strange,' about The Doors & Jim Morrison.

Strange bedfellows.

Absolutely nothing on last night. I'll have to revisit my exhorbitently expensive DirecTV subscription and do some paring.

Watched "South Park, Bigger, Longer, and Uncut." It was as raunchy as it was the first time I saw it...

Dh & I went to a drive in theater last night with 2 teenagers & saw "Magnifecent" It was a good Disney film. The weather turned bad again so we had to leave.

I liked that movie, too. We have it on our media server, but I haven't watched it since we bought it. I think that will be on the agenda for this evening. :)

There are certain scenes that make more sense to me now, like Jack constantly having to tell the drones not to shoot him (their indecision). And Julia bursting out laughing when eating with Jack and Victoria and listening to them tell their history. Small things that add up.

I'm going to "splurge" on that Kostner movie and buy/rent it. It's on DTV right now.
Now that you are satellite and cable free, what is your source for new movies like this one, Steve?

I watched "Tiny" on Netflix......a documentary about tiny houses.
I've always loved the concept of downsizing and living in tiny dwellings. I will eventually.

I watched that last night as well. I could do it as a single person with a bigger stove, lol. My other half could not...

Sent from my XT1080 using Discuss Cooking mobile app

I watched Darwin's Nightmare last night. The editing could have been better but never-the-less it was a real eye-opener.

"Darwin's Nightmare is a 2004 Austrian-French-Belgian documentary film written and directed by Hubert Sauper, dealing with the environmental and social effects of the fishing industry around Lake Victoria in Tanzania. It premiered at the 2004 Venice Film Festival, and was nominated for the 2006 Academy Award for Documentary Feature at the 78th Academy Awards.[1] The Boston Globe called it "the year's best documentary about the animal world." [2]

I have to disagree about it being the best documentary about the 'animal world' although it does show how simply emptying one bucket of a non-native fish into Lake Victoria at the same time provided work for many and drove other populations into near starvation. Really emphasizes "No good deed goes unpunished".

Not for the faint of heart but an excellent documentary for those interested: Certainly not in the category of a 'fluffy'.

Just getting around to posting this and it's probably because the movie was so, ugh, not good.

We'd heard many reviews from friends, etc. that were quite positive so when I was last at the library I brought home August: Osage County. Cast seemed good - Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Sam Shepard, along with others. The library had it listed as a drama/comedy so I thought we might enjoy it.

What a waste of our time and a waste of acting talent!! We watched it all the way through, all the while hoping it would improve. No where did we see any speck of comedy and, if there was any, it had to be dark and hidden.

Instead what it was, in our view, was about 2 hours of witnessing a totally dysfunctional family. That's not entertainment.

Just getting around to posting this and it's probably because the movie was so, ugh, not good.

We'd heard many reviews from friends, etc. that were quite positive so when I was last at the library I brought home August: Osage County. Cast seemed good - Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Sam Shepard, along with others. The library had it listed as a drama/comedy so I thought we might enjoy it.

What a waste of our time and a waste of acting talent!! We watched it all the way through, all the while hoping it would improve. No where did we see any speck of comedy and, if there was any, it had to be dark and hidden.

Instead what it was, in our view, was about 2 hours of witnessing a totally dysfunctional family. That's not entertainment.

Yep, I couldn't have said it better. The only saving grace about it is that it makes your own family look so dang good. :huh:

On my mom's BD - 6/22 - we watched the entire Twilight saga and the first 2 Hunger Games movies. Mom is fascinated by the sparkly skinned ones, and I just LOVE how Kat will not let anyone pick on her family.

"Here's lookin' at you, kid."

Got back at 9pm from my Aunt's funeral. Had to do the journey in one day as the people I would normally have stayed with were away. Got up at 6.30 am, on the road by 7.15am. Long, sad day and tired so when I got home I needed non-food and a bit of a wallow so a bowl of Cornish clotted cream ice cream and DVD of "Casablanca" was just the ticket.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom