What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
does anyone else think it helps to read rolling stone articles in that voice you use when holding in a hit? ;)

Without giving anything away, I liked Rolling Stone's review of "Gone Girl"...pretty much sums it up, IMO.

".....what you can know is that Gone Girl has the impact of a body-slam, hitting home in every scary, suspenseful, seductive particular. It's a movie inferno with combustible performances. Affleck is terrific, undermining his good looks to suggest the soulless shallows that define Nick. For Pike, a Brit best known for supporting roles (Pride & Prejudice, An Education), this is a smashing, award-caliber breakthrough you'll be talking about for years....."

Yup, that's a perfect review Cheryl. :w00t2:

I think I'd like to read the book too, even after seeing the movie. I'd like to read the original. :) I'll probably have to order it from Amazon unless I go to the city. We don't have any new bookstores within 90 miles from here.

Okay, bucky. LOL. Yes, back in the day I probably would have read Rolling Stone while holding in a hit....

next, i my george clooney two-fer, i saw "up in the air".

i'm still deciding how much i liked it. :rolleyes:

but it was good.

I watched Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison with Robert Mitchum and Deborah Kerr. It has been a number of years since I have seen it. I had forgotten all of it except they are marooned on an island during WWII. So it was like watching it for the first time. :angel:

SO is a fan of Melissa McCarthy. She's seen a couple of her movies. So when she saw "Bridesmaids" on the tv guide, she asked me to record it.

We watched it tonight to avoid election coverage which we both intensely dislike.

I'm in the minority, but I thought it was an unpleasant movie. It was nothing like what the ads showed on TV and not very funny at all. It was supposed to be a comedy, right?

I guess I just don't get it. I should have stuck with election coverage.

I thought I was in the minority, did not find Bridesmaids funny at all either.

I did record and watch Roman Polanski's"Repulsion" the other night. I first saw it when I was about 12, on a small black and white TV up at the lake. Whoa. Had no idea! The thing I remembered most was the flies on the rabbit.

Last edited:
I also thought Bridesmaids was anything but funny, and parts were disgusting. Unpleasant was a generous comment Andy. Melissa McCarthy is off my list for anththing because of Bridesmaids.

I did record and watch Roman Polanski's"Repulsion" the other night. I first saw it when I was about 12, on a small black and white TV up at the lake. Whoa. Had no idea! The thing I remembered most was the flies on the rabbit.

Great film. I saw that movie in film school, including most of his other films. The Tenant was also very good.

Back
Top Bottom