What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did not read the book.

Neat so far, in spite of Affleck.

My wife watched it like 3 times, it was weird because she had a notebook and pen and when I asked if she was taking notes she said she was writing down a grocery list, then that night she asked me to call and check on our life insurance policies in the morning...

No they are not on DVD as of now. Roadfix is in an enviable position to watch movies at home before DVD release as he has friends in the business.

No they are not on DVD as of now. Roadfix is in an enviable position to watch movies at home before DVD release as he has friends in the business.

I used to go to the movies when I was younger, but now I think I have grown to be more patient, I have a theater in my house {5,000 watt surround sound, comfy couch, popcorn maker, lol} so I just wait for them to come out on dvd, I never have to buy the dvd's since someone else always does and then wants to come over and watch the movie in my room, having the theater is nice since I don't have to shut my cell phone off...

Last edited by a moderator:
I must admit I often have guests who bring with them pirated copies of current films. (I know, bad, bad, bad) They're available on the streets here. Perhaps they come from China....who knows? "Selma" was one such copy we watched last night. Great film, btw.

I prefer to pay the authors, actors, singers et al for my viewing/listening/reading pleasure.

Probably not a good idea to announce in public that you support piracy of copywritten materials.

Last edited:
I must admit I often have guests who bring with them pirated copies of current films. (I know, bad, bad, bad) They're available on the streets here. Perhaps they come from China....who knows? "Selma" was one such copy we watched last night. Great film, btw.

One of my brothers is addicted to bootleg movies, lol... In his defense he has an injury that makes it tough for him to go to a movie theater, but he has my other brother go to flea markets and buy them {I admit I had to do it a few times too, lol}... In his situation he has a lot of free time and loves movies, so it keeps his mind in the right place...

I prefer to pay the authors, actors, singers et al for my viewing/listening/reading pleasure.

I respect that but where I work and live it's hard not to come across someone who has a friend, aunt, uncle, etc who are or know someone who's involved in the industry in one form or another who has access to dvd screeners that inevitably get passed around. Many of these also get copied and are sold by street vendors here.
And if someone brought me a copy of a current movie which I might be interested in whether an original screener or a bootleg copy I am not going to say no. I'm going to cozy up in the comfort of my own home and watch it.

Netflix never seems to have current-ish movies we want to watch, so last night we saw "Jane Eyre." I'd heard about bits and pieces of it over the years. It's nice to have finally have seen the movie. DH enjoyed it, even with the lack of gunfire and explosions.

I've nearly stopped ordering up Netflix DVDs of current movies -- the previews are endless and I've had several of them arrive broken or with sticky stuff on them. Of course, I don't work in an office where the latest films are the topic of the day so it doesn't matter if I keep up. I don't mind how old a movie is if it's good.

I just watched another oldie, "Things Change," with Joe Montegna and Don Ameche. It was better than I expected, and who should turn up in bit parts but W. H. Macy (in a blonde flat-top haircut) and Felicity Huffman. That's part of the fun of old movies for us dinosaurs, seeing actors as they started out in Hollywood.

I have Netflix's streaming only account and I'm happy with that. I also access my daughter's Hulu+ account and I like their streaming content as well. I watch something from them almost nightly. I get my money's worth with Netflix.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom