What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our latest library borrow was "Kill the Irishman", a true story based on the life of Danny Greene. Green was a dock worker who became the union boss of the Cleveland longshoreman's union, battled the mafia to try and gain control of unions, and worked as an FBI informant to help bring down not only the mafia in Cleveland, but in four (or five?) other cities. Unfortunately, he had to die by car bombing in order for FBI to hunt down and capture the mafia guys responsible for his death. Once captured, they ending up singing like canaries and gave away all their compatriots.

I remember that movie, it was very good.

I was up really early and watch Who Shot Liberty Valance again. But this was the first time I have ever been able to see it from the very beginning. Including the title of the movie. :angel:

I've just finished watching the classic car wash, has to be my favourite film, its such a feel good movie and comes with great music, what other new films do you get nowadays that have that? and don't anyone say les mis!
car-wash-coffee-break-movie.jpg

We saw "Hyde Park on Hudson" tonight. Managed to stay awake for the most part, too! Other than the realization that Bill Murray can really act, it didn't do too much for us. Maybe because we have been to Springwood, FDR's mother's home, and Val-Kill, the home FDR gave to Margaret. Maybe because we knew the Roosevelts were a bit of a dysfunctional family. In fact, we teased Goober that I was going to take an apartment not far from his dorm when he went away to college so I could be there for him. :LOL: Like THAT was gonna happen!
But this movie? The extra part with Murray explaining the car and its functions was more interesting.

We saw Jurassic World in 3D. The special effects were great. My fave of the franchise is still the original Jurassic Park.

We finally decided to try out the Fast and Furious series of movies and I can't believe I hadn't watched them before! I love this stuff! Car races and chases, cops and robbers. So what if the acting isn't great, this is good stuff. There are some brutality scenes I had to tune out but other than that they are the type of movie you don't really have to think about.

We have watched the first two and probably will watch another tonight.

We also recently re-watched the first Hobbit Movie to prepare for the third. Number two will be after another FF movie.

I'm a sucker for chick flicks. I watched 'The Best of Me' on Netflix the other night. Made me cry at the very end....LOL. The end of the movie kind of reminded me of the movie '7 Pounds', which I thought was very good a few years back.

I'm a sucker for chick flicks. I watched 'The Best of Me' on Netflix the other night. Made me cry at the very end....LOL. The end of the movie kind of reminded me of the movie '7 Pounds', which I thought was very good a few years back.

We saw that recently, too. Loved it :heart:

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead by Aussie Joe Cross, who was turned on to juicing; he makes 'mean green' juice drink with kale, apples, etc. This was on Netflix streaming. He's no longer fat, sick or nearly dead.

Grandson Josh and I went to see Jurassic World this morning (cheaper in the morning $4.27). I had a $25 gift cert., so we spent the rest on 2 pop and a small popcorn. Believe it or not we were the only ones in the theater, i have never had that happen before. Pretty cool. Oh yes, we enjoyed the film too.

Back
Top Bottom