What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday, quiet, nothing of interest on TV, started to peruse the channels and came across "Pennies From Heaven" with Cary Grant. An excellent way to kill an hour or so. A real tear jerker and definitely a chick flick. I also watched "The Help" That kept me out of trouble for the day. :angel:

I watched "The Road" - a post apocalyptic survival film about a father and son. It was quite interesting, well made, believable but a little disappointing. I think I expected more from it.

Since I have to "rest", and Kay has been over a lot, we have been watching a few movies.

The Longest Ride - loved it! Watched it again with TB a few nights later
The Duff - cute and had a good message but it took right to the end to get to it.
Beauty Shop - predictable but it was fun to see Kevin Bacon with long hair and a poor Austrian Accent!
PS, I love you! - I have heard it is a tear jerker, but I only had a few tears - but it was good

This is the latest thing I saw. It aired on CNN last night and should also be airing on Saturday night as well.

Évocateur: The Morton Downey JR. Movie

The rise and fall of the legend Morton Downey JR. who was a complete original for talk shows. He was the trash talking host that could actually sing.

From the early years living next to the Kennedy compound till his death this documentary had it all.

This documentary included commentary from people that was in the audience, Michael Bey, Gloria Allred, Alan Dershowitz, and More...

The whole documentary had high production value from start to finish. Loved the animated sequences in this as well.

I say this is a must see documentary.

A truly exceptional 1984 made for TV movie called "Coming out of the Ice" starring John Savage, Willie Nelson and Francesca Annis. The true story of Victor Herrman whose father takes his family to go to Russia in the 1930's to work for a Ford auto plant. Victor attains fame as a skydiver but falls out of favor with the Russians because he refuses to be listed as a Russian. He endures hardships in the gulag prison camps. The movie ends on a positive note. It's available in full form on YouTube and can be downloaded from there and burned to a DVD for full screen viewing in great resolution. Very grueling for 3/4 of the movie but very inspirational at the end.

https://youtu.be/nxPg3FA2l_I

Last edited:
We've actually been going through DVDs of old series. We're about to wrap up season one of "Diagnosis, Murder" with the inimitable Dick Van Dyke. Binge watchers we aren't. After we finish up this season we'll take a break, moving on to seasons one and two of "Moonlighting". Loved that show back in 1985; we'll see how it plays 30 years later. We'll have 1200 minutes of viewing once I pick up the discs. :wacko:

Loved it way way back when, a fantasy episode of The Mary Tyler Moore show played. Mary, Lou, Murray and Ted are all much older now.

Anyways, a future senile Ted is about to sign off the nightly news.
He goes to say...

"This is..." (he can't remember his own name). He painfully gets out his wallet, looks at it, looks back at the camera and says confidently ..."genuine cowhide, saying good night and good news."

Last edited:
We watched "The Changeling" last night, with Angela Jolie, John Malkovich and Jeffrey Donovan (from Burn Notice). Partway through it, I realized I'd seen it before, but DH hadn't, so we watched the whole thing.

It's very well done. Horrifying to realize that it's a true story.

Christmas Vacation. My favorite movie of all time. I don't watch TV much, nor do I go to the movies. However, this movie is a classic for me and it's about this time of year I pull out the DVD.

This is the latest thing I saw. It aired on CNN last night and should also be airing on Saturday night as well.

Évocateur: The Morton Downey JR. Movie

The rise and fall of the legend Morton Downey JR. who was a complete original for talk shows. He was the trash talking host that could actually sing.

From the early years living next to the Kennedy compound till his death this documentary had it all.

This documentary included commentary from people that was in the audience, Michael Bey, Gloria Allred, Alan Dershowitz, and More...

The whole documentary had high production value from start to finish. Loved the animated sequences in this as well.

I say this is a must see documentary.

I watched this last night, and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation, Kleenex!

Went to see the new Mission Impossible. I guess we were just really bored, without kids home. But it was ok, as far as MI goes of course.

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

How Green Was My Valley with Walter Pidgeon and Maureen O'Hara. It has been a long time since I first saw it.

The movie reminded me so much of Harry and his brother. I wish we would hear from them again. I still have the recording on All Through The Night. I play it every so often when I am sitting at the computer. :angel:

Last night Glenn and I watched Flightplan, which was a pretty intense Jodie Foster film. By the conclusion, we were so confused and suspicious of just about everyone, we could hardly believe it. A real cliffhanger. We highly recommend it.

Last night Glenn and I watched Flightplan, which was a pretty intense Jodie Foster film. By the conclusion, we were so confused and suspicious of just about everyone, we could hardly believe it. A real cliffhanger. We highly recommend it.

I saw that a few months ago. That's definitely a good one!!

Christmas Vacation. My favorite movie of all time. I don't watch TV much, nor do I go to the movies. However, this movie is a classic for me and it's about this time of year I pull out the DVD.

It's a Christmas tradition here with my family - we watch that every year. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom