What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Quills" starring Geoffrey Rush, Joaquin Phoenix, Kate Winslet, Michael Caine. Movie I caught on HBO or Showtime last night. Made in 2000.

Movie about the Marquis de Sade. I'm a new fan of Rush, I liked him in "The Kings Speech" and to a lesser degree in "Pirates of the Caribbean."

Last edited:
I saw "The Intern" at the matinee yesterday. Cute movie, if you don't go in with high expectations of it being a great film. :) Starred Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway - Hathaway isn't on my list of faves as a great actress, but Robert De Niro nailed his character, and he was in almost every scene. You just want to hug him in this movie - he is why I went to see it. :)

The Intern (2015) - IMDb

Last edited:
Uncle Nicu and I watched Wild Hogs tonight waiting for Joyce and Justin to be home. That is very funny!

~Cat

Went to see "The Martian" tonight with Matt Damon. Very good movie, although it had a few technical holes I noticed. For example, it would be impossible to communicate in real time over that distance (they even pointed this out in the movie, saying it takes about 18 minutes for a signal to reach Mars from Earth), and yet in one scene an astronaut is talking to his family back on Earth using a video screen as if they were just in the next room.

But it was well acted, had some funny moments, and quite a bit of the science seemed plausible. I enjoyed it.

A Charlie Brown Cartoon movie. The gang goes away to summer camp. Prior to that is was one of the gang saving some chateau in France from a fire. It was Friday night and nothing was on.

So now I am listening to Broadway and classical music pieces. Also watching some ballet. :angel:

Yesterday we watched Limitless and Minority Report. We had seen Limitless before but awhile ago and since we started watching both series, we wanted to check out where they came from.

Yay, another foodie movie is coming out! Has anyone seen the ads and trailer for "Burnt"? This looks good, I'll be watching for it. Starring Bradley Cooper :wub: and Sienna Miller in the comedy/drama, and is set to be released October 30th.

"....Adam Jones (Bradley Cooper) is a Chef who destroyed his career with drugs and diva behavior. He cleans up and returns to London, determined to redeem himself by spearheading a top restaurant that can gain three Michelin stars."

Burnt (2015) - IMDb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXaff0PpszM

Last edited:
Yes he is, Kay. Those eyes!

I'm looking forward to seeing it. I love going to the matinee during the week when everyone is at work and school. When I went to see The Intern last month, there were only 4 other people in the theater besides me. :)

Just another thought..after all these years and home technology, I've never seen a movie at home, that has the same impact as seeing the same movie in a theater.

It could be why they are still open.
I love going to the movies.

Just another thought..after all these years and home technology, I've never seen a movie at home, that has the same impact as seeing the same movie in a theater.

It could be why they are still open.
I love going to the movies.

I agree...partially.

All my life, the only movies I go to the theatre to see are ones that I feel will lose a significant part of their impact by being viewed on the "small screen."

A good example would be the Star Wars or Harry Potter series of films. There's really no way one could appreciate the impact of all the special effects. Likewise, I can't imagine seeing Gone with the Wind on anything other than a movie screen. I have seen it via DVD but, somehow, the burning of Atlanta just isn't the same.

Thrillers/mysteries, comedies and romance and other genre I can't bring to mind right now are, for me, generally left to see until they are available on disk or through our satellite provider.

Even though Buck was in the movie business, I've never been much of a movieaholic. I just glanced over at our personal collection and we own 6 movies. With very few exceptions, once I've seen it, I'm done with it, but that's just me. I understand there are those folks who thoroughly enjoy seeing a film repeatedly and can recite dialogue verbatim. That's just not how I operate.

The Hundred-Foot Journey was a film that, intuitively, I felt needed to be seen in the theatre and I was right, if for no other reason than to enjoy the French countryside. I'm sure I miss other delightful parts of movies because the greatest portion are viewed on our TV and my intuition isn't always at 100%, but we're okay with it.

Rats. Now I want to go to see a movie. Better get out the popcorn popper first.

Back
Top Bottom