What's the last movie you watched?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went to the little empty theater (only me) for a private showing this afternoon to see "Secret In Their Eyes" with Julia and Nicole, and glad I did, $5.50 well spent.
The "flash backs" of 13 years are a little tricky until I noticed the grey color (or lack of hair) in the males. Stunning performances all round. I don't give a flip about the "critics"...It's worth the ticket to be sure from this critic.

I'm going to keep an eye out for that one Kay, it's not playing here yet. I really enjoy a good suspense thriller. And don't you just love being the only one in the theater, or at least one of just a few others? Gotta love the weekday matinees. :)

I hear ya on the critic reviews, and rarely pay any attention to them either. A film doesn't have to be a widely acclaimed blockbuster hit for me to simply enjoy it for what it is, in a nearly empty theater, with my box of popcorn. :)

Last edited:
I love science fiction, but Martian, though was enjoyable movie, was just not believable, not by any stretch. Despite the fact that some people thought it was based on the true story. Yes, I did see article devoted to the fact that there were some people who thought it was s true story..

Sent from my iPad using Discuss Cooking

I don't know why, but every time it comes on, I can't go past "The Magnificent Seven. I have sat and watched that movie at least eight or nine times. I also watched a B&W Sherlock Homes WWII movie with Basil Rathbone. :angel:

Summer in February - a romantic drama based on real life. The artist Alfred Munnings and his friend competing for a beautiful debutante. As a central character, she comes across as insipid, somewhat wooden but I suppose her looks were enough for the chase. A tragic tale all the more sad for having taken place.

Last edited:
The Big Short. I did not like it, hard to follow docu-drama type film about the crash of the housing market based on a true story. Long and drawn out, I wasted my evening with this POS, 2 plus hour movie.
Brad Pitt appeared in the movie for what, maybe 2 minutes total.....they could have cast any other extra to play the part.

Last edited:
Spotlight. Very interesting film about Boston Globe's investigations and its lead up story to the Catholic Church cover up of the child molestation charges.

And the story is still not at an end. More and more grown folks are still coming forward to tell of their being abused. The Boston Archdiocese has a huge slush fund for future victims. I haven't seen the film, but Cardinal Law was about to be indicted for the cover up. The Pope called him to Rome before they could arrest him. A lot of Bostonians are still angry that he escaped punishment. But he is in no hurry to return to the States.

I don't know if the film covered the whole story, but it goes all the way back to Cardinal Cushing in the 50's. Not a pretty picture as a whole. Only a couple of priest were defrocked and sent to prison. One was murdered in there. But not before he was raped himself. :angel:

Bridge of Spies. I enjoyed this film very much. Tom Hanks plays an attorney during the Cold War who negotiates the exchange of a captured Soviet spy for 2 American prisoners, one of them being the pilot of the U-2 spy plane that got shot down.

Last edited:
Bridge of Spies is a must see for us RF! I think Tom Hanks is the best, always.
We remember the true story well and I really have my eye on this movie for the Oscars. Glad to hear you liked it!

"We're no Angels". We watched it last night. It's one of my favorite Christmas movies.

Bridge of Spies is a must see for us RF! I think Tom Hanks is the best, always.
We remember the true story well and I really have my eye on this movie for the Oscars. Glad to hear you liked it!

Huh. Cool, definitely putting on my list. There was a Soviet movie made about same events.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Back
Top Bottom